Sports briefs 11/18

Men’s Basketball

After suffering a close 72-68 loss to the No.19 Memphis Tigers early Tuesday morning, the Hurricanes will look to rebound at home on Friday night when they take on the North Carolina Central Eagles. The Eagles are also coming off a tough loss, losing in overtime to the Oklahoma Sooners 71-63 on Monday night. Both teams stand at 1-1 on the season. Game time is set for 7 p.m.

Volleyball

The Canes are looking to continue their three-game home winning streak on Friday night when they face off against the Boston College Eagles. The Canes currently stand at 20-8 including 10-7 in the ACC, which is good enough for third place in the league. The game will begin at 7 p.m. The Canes will play their last home game of the regular season this Sunday when they face the Maryland Terrapins at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

The first University of Miami player to wear the coveted turnover chain will no longer play football ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...

Highlighted by a thrilling, three-set, top-five win by sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba, the Miami w ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...