Sports briefs 11/18

Men’s Basketball

After suffering a close 72-68 loss to the No.19 Memphis Tigers early Tuesday morning, the Hurricanes will look to rebound at home on Friday night when they take on the North Carolina Central Eagles. The Eagles are also coming off a tough loss, losing in overtime to the Oklahoma Sooners 71-63 on Monday night. Both teams stand at 1-1 on the season. Game time is set for 7 p.m.

Volleyball

The Canes are looking to continue their three-game home winning streak on Friday night when they face off against the Boston College Eagles. The Canes currently stand at 20-8 including 10-7 in the ACC, which is good enough for third place in the league. The game will begin at 7 p.m. The Canes will play their last home game of the regular season this Sunday when they face the Maryland Terrapins at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...

A ninth-inning solo home from Pittsburgh proved the difference Friday night, as Miami dropped the se ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Straight-set victories at the top four singles positions brought the University of Miami men's ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...