Sports briefs 11/18

Men’s Basketball

After suffering a close 72-68 loss to the No.19 Memphis Tigers early Tuesday morning, the Hurricanes will look to rebound at home on Friday night when they take on the North Carolina Central Eagles. The Eagles are also coming off a tough loss, losing in overtime to the Oklahoma Sooners 71-63 on Monday night. Both teams stand at 1-1 on the season. Game time is set for 7 p.m.

Volleyball

The Canes are looking to continue their three-game home winning streak on Friday night when they face off against the Boston College Eagles. The Canes currently stand at 20-8 including 10-7 in the ACC, which is good enough for third place in the league. The game will begin at 7 p.m. The Canes will play their last home game of the regular season this Sunday when they face the Maryland Terrapins at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...