News Briefs 11/18

Candelight vigil
A candlelight prayer vigil is being planned for UM junior Paul Jones, the recent victim of last Saturday’s hit-and-run accident, who is still in critical condition. The vigil will be held Friday at 6:30 p.m. at the Rock.

Dean honored
Miller School of Medicine Dean Pascal J. Goldschmidt received the 2010 Outstanding Citizenship Award from Poder Magazine and the Americas Business Council Foundation on Nov. 9.
He joined an elite group of global leaders who were honored for their remarkable strategy, vision and execution in their respective businesses and organizations.

Photographer speaks
Pulitzer Prize-winning The Miami Herald photographer and School of Communication alumnus Patrick Farrell will be on campus Thursday at 6:15 p.m. in CIB 2055 to talk about the variety of work he’s produced during more than 30 years at a major newspaper. Farrell has been the head photographer of the Herald since 1987.

Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...