News Briefs 11/15

HurryCane Thanksgiving/Winter Break Shuttles
For those with flights planned for Thanksgiving and/or Winter Break, the HurryCane shuttle will run from the Coral Gables campus to Miami International airport and Ft. Lauderdale International Airport. Shuttles must be reserved no later than Sunday, Nov 21 for Thanksgiving and Sunday, December 12 for Winter Break. To reserve a seat, log onto MyUM, click on the “Life at UM” tab and choose the Airport Shuttle Reservations link under the “Other Functions” section.

Speak Out for a Cure

The Association for the Awareness of Blood Cancers (AABC) presents Speak Out for a Cure, an open mic session to raise cancer awareness on Wednesday, Nov 17 from 8 – 9:30 p.m. at the UM Wesley Foundation.  A minimum donation of $2 will be collected at the door.

Bus Stickers for VT

Bus stickers for the UM vs. Virginia Tech football game on Saturday, Nov 20, will be available for pick up at the UC Info Desk from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. until Wednesday, Nov 17.

Special Note: Buses will depart from Stanford Drive before the game and return to the Bank United Center after the game.

Thanksgiving Weekend

All on campus dining options will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. For students still around, Thanksgiving lunches and dinner will be served at the Stanford, Hecht, Mahoney/Pearson, and Eaton residential colleges at various times throughout the day.

For a complete list of university operations and hours over thanksgiving break please visit miami.edu/ibisnews.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...