News Briefs 11/15

HurryCane Thanksgiving/Winter Break Shuttles
For those with flights planned for Thanksgiving and/or Winter Break, the HurryCane shuttle will run from the Coral Gables campus to Miami International airport and Ft. Lauderdale International Airport. Shuttles must be reserved no later than Sunday, Nov 21 for Thanksgiving and Sunday, December 12 for Winter Break. To reserve a seat, log onto MyUM, click on the “Life at UM” tab and choose the Airport Shuttle Reservations link under the “Other Functions” section.

Speak Out for a Cure

The Association for the Awareness of Blood Cancers (AABC) presents Speak Out for a Cure, an open mic session to raise cancer awareness on Wednesday, Nov 17 from 8 – 9:30 p.m. at the UM Wesley Foundation.  A minimum donation of $2 will be collected at the door.

Bus Stickers for VT

Bus stickers for the UM vs. Virginia Tech football game on Saturday, Nov 20, will be available for pick up at the UC Info Desk from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. until Wednesday, Nov 17.

Special Note: Buses will depart from Stanford Drive before the game and return to the Bank United Center after the game.

Thanksgiving Weekend

All on campus dining options will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. For students still around, Thanksgiving lunches and dinner will be served at the Stanford, Hecht, Mahoney/Pearson, and Eaton residential colleges at various times throughout the day.

For a complete list of university operations and hours over thanksgiving break please visit miami.edu/ibisnews.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

Confident and effective service game propelled University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and fresh ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed back to the NCAA Singles Cham ...

Junior becomes first three-time All-American in program history. ...

For the 16th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season ranked in the top 20 ...