News Briefs 11/11

IT Survey
Student Government is conducting a 30-second survey on what software students would like to see virtualized.  With virtualized software students will be able to use them online rather than have to physically be in a computer lab or library. Log on to studentvoice.com/uom/sqsftwaresurvey2010 to participate.

Sorority Showcase

For those interested in going through Spring Sorority Recruitment, Panhellenic will be hosting a Sorority Showcase this Friday, Nov. 9, from 5 to 8 p.m. on the second floor of the basketball courts in the Wellness Center.  There will be representatives from each chapter on hand to talk about their respective sorority, along with the Panhellenic Executive Board and Recruitment Counselors to assist you through the process and answer any questions. Recruitment will be held Jan. 12-16.
For more information, email miamirecruitment@gmail.com.

Second Annual Great Give Away

After collecting over 3,000 articles of clothing, Random Acts of Kindness and U R Awesome Inc will be giving away clothing, along with food, hygiene kits and U R Awesome shirts at the Miami Rescue Mission’s Community Activity Center from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 13.

Veteran’s Day Tribute

A special Veteran’s Day ceremony will take place on Thusday, Nov. 11 at 10 a.m. at the Rhodes House on UM’s Coral Gables campus to honor the men and women of the armed forces. As part of the tribute, the Air Force ROTC, Detachment 155, will dedicate a model F-22 Raptor to be installed at their offices.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...