News Briefs 11/11

IT Survey
Student Government is conducting a 30-second survey on what software students would like to see virtualized.  With virtualized software students will be able to use them online rather than have to physically be in a computer lab or library. Log on to studentvoice.com/uom/sqsftwaresurvey2010 to participate.

Sorority Showcase

For those interested in going through Spring Sorority Recruitment, Panhellenic will be hosting a Sorority Showcase this Friday, Nov. 9, from 5 to 8 p.m. on the second floor of the basketball courts in the Wellness Center.  There will be representatives from each chapter on hand to talk about their respective sorority, along with the Panhellenic Executive Board and Recruitment Counselors to assist you through the process and answer any questions. Recruitment will be held Jan. 12-16.
For more information, email miamirecruitment@gmail.com.

Second Annual Great Give Away

After collecting over 3,000 articles of clothing, Random Acts of Kindness and U R Awesome Inc will be giving away clothing, along with food, hygiene kits and U R Awesome shirts at the Miami Rescue Mission’s Community Activity Center from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 13.

Veteran’s Day Tribute

A special Veteran’s Day ceremony will take place on Thusday, Nov. 11 at 10 a.m. at the Rhodes House on UM’s Coral Gables campus to honor the men and women of the armed forces. As part of the tribute, the Air Force ROTC, Detachment 155, will dedicate a model F-22 Raptor to be installed at their offices.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...