News Briefs 11/11

IT Survey
Student Government is conducting a 30-second survey on what software students would like to see virtualized.  With virtualized software students will be able to use them online rather than have to physically be in a computer lab or library. Log on to studentvoice.com/uom/sqsftwaresurvey2010 to participate.

Sorority Showcase

For those interested in going through Spring Sorority Recruitment, Panhellenic will be hosting a Sorority Showcase this Friday, Nov. 9, from 5 to 8 p.m. on the second floor of the basketball courts in the Wellness Center.  There will be representatives from each chapter on hand to talk about their respective sorority, along with the Panhellenic Executive Board and Recruitment Counselors to assist you through the process and answer any questions. Recruitment will be held Jan. 12-16.
For more information, email miamirecruitment@gmail.com.

Second Annual Great Give Away

After collecting over 3,000 articles of clothing, Random Acts of Kindness and U R Awesome Inc will be giving away clothing, along with food, hygiene kits and U R Awesome shirts at the Miami Rescue Mission’s Community Activity Center from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 13.

Veteran’s Day Tribute

A special Veteran’s Day ceremony will take place on Thusday, Nov. 11 at 10 a.m. at the Rhodes House on UM’s Coral Gables campus to honor the men and women of the armed forces. As part of the tribute, the Air Force ROTC, Detachment 155, will dedicate a model F-22 Raptor to be installed at their offices.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...