Sports briefs 11/11

Soccer

The UM athletic department has announced that they will not be renewing the contract of head coach Tricia Taliaferro after not making the ACC Postseason Championship this year. Taliaferro went 77-85-14 in her nine seasons with Miami, including 10-8-1 this year. The athletic department is currently conducting a national search for a new head coach.

Basketball

Head coach Frank Haith announced the signing of 6-2, 175-pound guard Bishop Daniels out of North Carolina to a National Letter of Intent on Wednesday afternoon. Daniels was ranked just outside of the top 100 players if any position by rivals.com and averaged 13 points and five assists per game as a junior for Raleigh’s Word of God Christian Academy. Daniels would be the fourth North Carolina native on the roster, joining Reggie Johnson, Garrius Adams, and Julian Gamble.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...