Sports briefs 11/11

Soccer

The UM athletic department has announced that they will not be renewing the contract of head coach Tricia Taliaferro after not making the ACC Postseason Championship this year. Taliaferro went 77-85-14 in her nine seasons with Miami, including 10-8-1 this year. The athletic department is currently conducting a national search for a new head coach.

Basketball

Head coach Frank Haith announced the signing of 6-2, 175-pound guard Bishop Daniels out of North Carolina to a National Letter of Intent on Wednesday afternoon. Daniels was ranked just outside of the top 100 players if any position by rivals.com and averaged 13 points and five assists per game as a junior for Raleigh’s Word of God Christian Academy. Daniels would be the fourth North Carolina native on the roster, joining Reggie Johnson, Garrius Adams, and Julian Gamble.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...