Sports briefs 11/11

Soccer

The UM athletic department has announced that they will not be renewing the contract of head coach Tricia Taliaferro after not making the ACC Postseason Championship this year. Taliaferro went 77-85-14 in her nine seasons with Miami, including 10-8-1 this year. The athletic department is currently conducting a national search for a new head coach.

Basketball

Head coach Frank Haith announced the signing of 6-2, 175-pound guard Bishop Daniels out of North Carolina to a National Letter of Intent on Wednesday afternoon. Daniels was ranked just outside of the top 100 players if any position by rivals.com and averaged 13 points and five assists per game as a junior for Raleigh’s Word of God Christian Academy. Daniels would be the fourth North Carolina native on the roster, joining Reggie Johnson, Garrius Adams, and Julian Gamble.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...