News Briefs 11/8

“Islands of the Sun” Book Signing & Art Show

University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science, together with the Bahamas Marine EcoCentre and The Nature Conservancy, will host a book signing and art show featuring “Islands of the Sun: a Tribute to the Northern Exuma Cays, Bahamas.” The event will take place on Thursday from 6-9 p.m. at the Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science. RSVP to clovinsky@rsmas.miami.edu or call 305-421-4061.

Miami Poverty Conference

Applications for the 2011 Executive Board for the Miami Poverty Conference must be submitted to the Butler Center no later than Tuesday at 5 p.m. E-mailed applications will not be accepted. If you have an questions, email UMpovconf@gmail.com.

Spoken Word Wednesdays

Every second Wednesday of the month is Spoken Word Wednesday at the Rathskeller. Come out for a student-filled open mic and see the Write Side Poets. Food will be available, and an open mic for any interested students.  To reserve a spot visit urathskeller.com or e-mail a.davis19@umiami.edu.

Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 11/8”