News Briefs 11/8

“Islands of the Sun” Book Signing & Art Show

University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science, together with the Bahamas Marine EcoCentre and The Nature Conservancy, will host a book signing and art show featuring “Islands of the Sun: a Tribute to the Northern Exuma Cays, Bahamas.” The event will take place on Thursday from 6-9 p.m. at the Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science. RSVP to clovinsky@rsmas.miami.edu or call 305-421-4061.

Miami Poverty Conference

Applications for the 2011 Executive Board for the Miami Poverty Conference must be submitted to the Butler Center no later than Tuesday at 5 p.m. E-mailed applications will not be accepted. If you have an questions, email UMpovconf@gmail.com.

Spoken Word Wednesdays

Every second Wednesday of the month is Spoken Word Wednesday at the Rathskeller. Come out for a student-filled open mic and see the Write Side Poets. Food will be available, and an open mic for any interested students.  To reserve a spot visit urathskeller.com or e-mail a.davis19@umiami.edu.

Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 11/8”

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...