News Briefs 11/4

Lecture by Architectural Photographer Steven Brooke

The University of Miami School of Architecture will host a lecture given by internationally renowned architectural photographer Steven Brooke on the history and principles of architectural photography.  The lecture will be held at 6 p.m. on Wednesday in the Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center, Glasgow Hall.  Admission is free and open to the public.

Wine Tasting for Autism Awareness

Norman Brother’s Produce, a Miami landmark and family owned business, located at 7621 SW 87th Ave. Miami, will host its annual Wine Tasting and Open House to benefit the University of Miami-Nova Southeastern University Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, on Friday from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. The evening will feature wines from around the world as well as Norman Brother’s own signature hors d’oeuvres and desserts. Tickets are $30 in advance or $40 at the door.

Knight Center Millennium Development Goals Project Wins Top Prize at 2010 Online Journalism Awards

The Knight Center for International Media at the University of Miami School of Communication received the prestigious top prize in the Online Video Journalism, Student category for “My Story, My Goal,” which shed light on global issues such as poverty and children’s health in Africa and Asia.

Compiled by Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 11/4”

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...