News Briefs 11/4

Lecture by Architectural Photographer Steven Brooke

The University of Miami School of Architecture will host a lecture given by internationally renowned architectural photographer Steven Brooke on the history and principles of architectural photography.  The lecture will be held at 6 p.m. on Wednesday in the Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center, Glasgow Hall.  Admission is free and open to the public.

Wine Tasting for Autism Awareness

Norman Brother’s Produce, a Miami landmark and family owned business, located at 7621 SW 87th Ave. Miami, will host its annual Wine Tasting and Open House to benefit the University of Miami-Nova Southeastern University Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, on Friday from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. The evening will feature wines from around the world as well as Norman Brother’s own signature hors d’oeuvres and desserts. Tickets are $30 in advance or $40 at the door.

Knight Center Millennium Development Goals Project Wins Top Prize at 2010 Online Journalism Awards

The Knight Center for International Media at the University of Miami School of Communication received the prestigious top prize in the Online Video Journalism, Student category for “My Story, My Goal,” which shed light on global issues such as poverty and children’s health in Africa and Asia.

Compiled by Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 11/4”

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...