News Briefs 11/4

Lecture by Architectural Photographer Steven Brooke

The University of Miami School of Architecture will host a lecture given by internationally renowned architectural photographer Steven Brooke on the history and principles of architectural photography.  The lecture will be held at 6 p.m. on Wednesday in the Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center, Glasgow Hall.  Admission is free and open to the public.

Wine Tasting for Autism Awareness

Norman Brother’s Produce, a Miami landmark and family owned business, located at 7621 SW 87th Ave. Miami, will host its annual Wine Tasting and Open House to benefit the University of Miami-Nova Southeastern University Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, on Friday from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. The evening will feature wines from around the world as well as Norman Brother’s own signature hors d’oeuvres and desserts. Tickets are $30 in advance or $40 at the door.

Knight Center Millennium Development Goals Project Wins Top Prize at 2010 Online Journalism Awards

The Knight Center for International Media at the University of Miami School of Communication received the prestigious top prize in the Online Video Journalism, Student category for “My Story, My Goal,” which shed light on global issues such as poverty and children’s health in Africa and Asia.

Compiled by Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

Keep your computers and TVs going during the second night of the NFL Draft on April 27, as at least ...

University of Miami cornerback Michael Jackson loves that turnover chain, but not nearly as much as ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The 13th annual UM Family Night with the Miami Marlins lives up to its name. ...

It’s been a year and half since his wife of almost 52 years, Nancy T. Clasby, a pioneering English p ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will begin the final weekend of its regular season wi ...

Eight members of the University of Miami track and field team earned All-ACC Academic honors for the ...

The UMSHoF will hold their 50th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Thursday, April 19th at Jungle Is ...

Nine members of the University of Miami track and field team will represent the Hurricanes at the Vi ...

A pair of University of Miami divers were selected to the All-ACC Academic Women's Swimming ...