News Briefs 11/4

Lecture by Architectural Photographer Steven Brooke

The University of Miami School of Architecture will host a lecture given by internationally renowned architectural photographer Steven Brooke on the history and principles of architectural photography.  The lecture will be held at 6 p.m. on Wednesday in the Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center, Glasgow Hall.  Admission is free and open to the public.

Wine Tasting for Autism Awareness

Norman Brother’s Produce, a Miami landmark and family owned business, located at 7621 SW 87th Ave. Miami, will host its annual Wine Tasting and Open House to benefit the University of Miami-Nova Southeastern University Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, on Friday from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. The evening will feature wines from around the world as well as Norman Brother’s own signature hors d’oeuvres and desserts. Tickets are $30 in advance or $40 at the door.

Knight Center Millennium Development Goals Project Wins Top Prize at 2010 Online Journalism Awards

The Knight Center for International Media at the University of Miami School of Communication received the prestigious top prize in the Online Video Journalism, Student category for “My Story, My Goal,” which shed light on global issues such as poverty and children’s health in Africa and Asia.

Compiled by Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...