Launch Pad’s Emerging Technology Business Showcase

The University of Miami’s Launch Pad is promoting an upcoming event that endorses science, technology, and business ideals.

The 13th Annual Emerging Technology Business Showcase (ETBS) is South Florida’s premier event for science technology startups, and will convene at 8 a.m. on November 12th, at the Hilton Hotel in Deerfield Beach.

For one day, approximately 15 promising companies in the South Florida region will partake in the network building opportunity to share ideas about the latest advances in science and technology.

ETBS is open to beginning and intermediary entrepreneurs, business leaders, government officials, and students in the community.

“This is the 13th year we’ve done this event. We hope to give entrepreneurs, students, and members of the business community a chance to work together,” said Program Coordinator Christine Burres.

According to the Enterprise Development Corporation, this year’s keynote speaker is Michael Margolies, founder and CEO, of  a Wall Street investment company called Littlebanc Advisors, LLC.

Prior to founding Littlebanc, Mr. Margolies spent over twenty five years working as an investment profession at an equity research firm. Margolies is one of many speakers of the South Florida business community  sharing technological advances in the business realm .

University of Miami sophomore Joseph LoMonaco is looking forward to the event but states that the location of ETBS is a bit of an inconvenience.

“As a Public Relations major, this is a great opportunity for me to see how companies and individuals keep up with the constant advances in technology,” LoMonaco said. “But it’s going to be difficult for me to convince someone to lend me their car for a 45 minute drive.”

The price of admission might also be trouble some for students although the event offers a substantial discount to those in academia.

The cost of tickets varies based on title from a Corporate ticket being priced at $150 to a student ticket being discounted at $50.

For more information or inquiries on how to purchase tickets log on to www.thelaunchpad.org or e-mail Christine Burres at postmaster@edc-tech.org

Andrew Dymburt may be contacted at adymburt@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

Andrew Dymburt

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...

Briadam Herrera continued his sparkling postseason run Friday at the IU Natatorium, finishing as the ...

The Hurricanes will welcome a talented field of teams to Cobb Stadium for the second of three home m ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team fell to Boston College, 6-1, Friday afternoon at the Flynn ...

The Miami Hurricanes dropped their series opener to No. 8 North Carolina Friday afternoon at Boshame ...