Launch Pad’s Emerging Technology Business Showcase

The University of Miami’s Launch Pad is promoting an upcoming event that endorses science, technology, and business ideals.

The 13th Annual Emerging Technology Business Showcase (ETBS) is South Florida’s premier event for science technology startups, and will convene at 8 a.m. on November 12th, at the Hilton Hotel in Deerfield Beach.

For one day, approximately 15 promising companies in the South Florida region will partake in the network building opportunity to share ideas about the latest advances in science and technology.

ETBS is open to beginning and intermediary entrepreneurs, business leaders, government officials, and students in the community.

“This is the 13th year we’ve done this event. We hope to give entrepreneurs, students, and members of the business community a chance to work together,” said Program Coordinator Christine Burres.

According to the Enterprise Development Corporation, this year’s keynote speaker is Michael Margolies, founder and CEO, of  a Wall Street investment company called Littlebanc Advisors, LLC.

Prior to founding Littlebanc, Mr. Margolies spent over twenty five years working as an investment profession at an equity research firm. Margolies is one of many speakers of the South Florida business community  sharing technological advances in the business realm .

University of Miami sophomore Joseph LoMonaco is looking forward to the event but states that the location of ETBS is a bit of an inconvenience.

“As a Public Relations major, this is a great opportunity for me to see how companies and individuals keep up with the constant advances in technology,” LoMonaco said. “But it’s going to be difficult for me to convince someone to lend me their car for a 45 minute drive.”

The price of admission might also be trouble some for students although the event offers a substantial discount to those in academia.

The cost of tickets varies based on title from a Corporate ticket being priced at $150 to a student ticket being discounted at $50.

For more information or inquiries on how to purchase tickets log on to www.thelaunchpad.org or e-mail Christine Burres at postmaster@edc-tech.org

Andrew Dymburt may be contacted at adymburt@themiamihurricane.com.

Andrew Dymburt

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...