Launch Pad’s Emerging Technology Business Showcase

The University of Miami’s Launch Pad is promoting an upcoming event that endorses science, technology, and business ideals.

The 13th Annual Emerging Technology Business Showcase (ETBS) is South Florida’s premier event for science technology startups, and will convene at 8 a.m. on November 12th, at the Hilton Hotel in Deerfield Beach.

For one day, approximately 15 promising companies in the South Florida region will partake in the network building opportunity to share ideas about the latest advances in science and technology.

ETBS is open to beginning and intermediary entrepreneurs, business leaders, government officials, and students in the community.

“This is the 13th year we’ve done this event. We hope to give entrepreneurs, students, and members of the business community a chance to work together,” said Program Coordinator Christine Burres.

According to the Enterprise Development Corporation, this year’s keynote speaker is Michael Margolies, founder and CEO, of  a Wall Street investment company called Littlebanc Advisors, LLC.

Prior to founding Littlebanc, Mr. Margolies spent over twenty five years working as an investment profession at an equity research firm. Margolies is one of many speakers of the South Florida business community  sharing technological advances in the business realm .

University of Miami sophomore Joseph LoMonaco is looking forward to the event but states that the location of ETBS is a bit of an inconvenience.

“As a Public Relations major, this is a great opportunity for me to see how companies and individuals keep up with the constant advances in technology,” LoMonaco said. “But it’s going to be difficult for me to convince someone to lend me their car for a 45 minute drive.”

The price of admission might also be trouble some for students although the event offers a substantial discount to those in academia.

The cost of tickets varies based on title from a Corporate ticket being priced at $150 to a student ticket being discounted at $50.

For more information or inquiries on how to purchase tickets log on to www.thelaunchpad.org or e-mail Christine Burres at postmaster@edc-tech.org

Andrew Dymburt may be contacted at adymburt@themiamihurricane.com.

Andrew Dymburt

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...