Launch Pad’s Emerging Technology Business Showcase

The University of Miami’s Launch Pad is promoting an upcoming event that endorses science, technology, and business ideals.

The 13th Annual Emerging Technology Business Showcase (ETBS) is South Florida’s premier event for science technology startups, and will convene at 8 a.m. on November 12th, at the Hilton Hotel in Deerfield Beach.

For one day, approximately 15 promising companies in the South Florida region will partake in the network building opportunity to share ideas about the latest advances in science and technology.

ETBS is open to beginning and intermediary entrepreneurs, business leaders, government officials, and students in the community.

“This is the 13th year we’ve done this event. We hope to give entrepreneurs, students, and members of the business community a chance to work together,” said Program Coordinator Christine Burres.

According to the Enterprise Development Corporation, this year’s keynote speaker is Michael Margolies, founder and CEO, of  a Wall Street investment company called Littlebanc Advisors, LLC.

Prior to founding Littlebanc, Mr. Margolies spent over twenty five years working as an investment profession at an equity research firm. Margolies is one of many speakers of the South Florida business community  sharing technological advances in the business realm .

University of Miami sophomore Joseph LoMonaco is looking forward to the event but states that the location of ETBS is a bit of an inconvenience.

“As a Public Relations major, this is a great opportunity for me to see how companies and individuals keep up with the constant advances in technology,” LoMonaco said. “But it’s going to be difficult for me to convince someone to lend me their car for a 45 minute drive.”

The price of admission might also be trouble some for students although the event offers a substantial discount to those in academia.

The cost of tickets varies based on title from a Corporate ticket being priced at $150 to a student ticket being discounted at $50.

For more information or inquiries on how to purchase tickets log on to www.thelaunchpad.org or e-mail Christine Burres at postmaster@edc-tech.org

Andrew Dymburt may be contacted at adymburt@themiamihurricane.com.

Andrew Dymburt

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...