Launch Pad’s Emerging Technology Business Showcase

The University of Miami’s Launch Pad is promoting an upcoming event that endorses science, technology, and business ideals.

The 13th Annual Emerging Technology Business Showcase (ETBS) is South Florida’s premier event for science technology startups, and will convene at 8 a.m. on November 12th, at the Hilton Hotel in Deerfield Beach.

For one day, approximately 15 promising companies in the South Florida region will partake in the network building opportunity to share ideas about the latest advances in science and technology.

ETBS is open to beginning and intermediary entrepreneurs, business leaders, government officials, and students in the community.

“This is the 13th year we’ve done this event. We hope to give entrepreneurs, students, and members of the business community a chance to work together,” said Program Coordinator Christine Burres.

According to the Enterprise Development Corporation, this year’s keynote speaker is Michael Margolies, founder and CEO, of  a Wall Street investment company called Littlebanc Advisors, LLC.

Prior to founding Littlebanc, Mr. Margolies spent over twenty five years working as an investment profession at an equity research firm. Margolies is one of many speakers of the South Florida business community  sharing technological advances in the business realm .

University of Miami sophomore Joseph LoMonaco is looking forward to the event but states that the location of ETBS is a bit of an inconvenience.

“As a Public Relations major, this is a great opportunity for me to see how companies and individuals keep up with the constant advances in technology,” LoMonaco said. “But it’s going to be difficult for me to convince someone to lend me their car for a 45 minute drive.”

The price of admission might also be trouble some for students although the event offers a substantial discount to those in academia.

The cost of tickets varies based on title from a Corporate ticket being priced at $150 to a student ticket being discounted at $50.

For more information or inquiries on how to purchase tickets log on to www.thelaunchpad.org or e-mail Christine Burres at postmaster@edc-tech.org

Andrew Dymburt may be contacted at adymburt@themiamihurricane.com.

Andrew Dymburt

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...

Six Hurricanes were in double figures as the Hurricanes improved to 3-0 on the season. ...

The University of Miami rowing team introduced the newest members of the Hurricanes rowing program o ...