Dear V

Dear V: Should I go along with that kind of PDA?

My boyfriend and I want to spice up our sex life a bit and we have been kind of talking out some of our fantasies that we’d like to try. While I suggested chocolate syrup, frilly pink handcuffs and some new positions – he seemed to be more interested in trying out public sex. I’m all for being an exhibitionist and trying new things, but I’m not sure if that’s a good idea. Should I go ahead with it?

Shrub Shaker

My Dear Shrub Shaker,

I understand your hesitation about trying something new and unexplored. It is always a bit overwhelming to embark on a new journey that is your sex life. However, I’ve always said that you should never write something off until you try it!

Now, this is something that you should take at your own pace and comfort level, but I feel that it is something you should try nonetheless. “But why?” you may ask. “Why would  V encourage such illicit behavior?” or “Why would V encourage me to subject my lady bits to the elements?” It’s simple: the pure, unadulterated eroticism that it can produce.

You and your boyfriend are attempting to recreate a spark and, in doing so, jumpstart your sex life once more. Well, an outdoor rendez-vous does wonders for raising your inhibitions and adrenaline level. Whether you choose to cozy up on the beach, in a park, in a public restroom or on the balcony of a friend’s apartment while your friends are inside getting ready for a Thursday night you – Phew! I seem to have gone on a bit of a tangent! Regardless, the overall depiction can still be made clear: It can be quite hot.

While I am in no way condoning the subjecting of others to your slice-a-kink, I do encourage people to indulge themselves in the bliss that is sex (always safely) whenever and wherever possible.

So please, mull over the idea of taking your boyfriend up on his offer, if you feel so inclined, and plan it accordingly. Don’t lay out a routine, but perhaps surprise him one evening on an outing with a temptation that he simply couldn’t refuse. It would certainly add an element of mystery and romance back into the relationship and hopefully engage you both once more.

If you decide that it is not for you, then you can at least say, with certainty, that it is not something you wish to repeat. If it sticks, however, you might end up releasing your inner beast back into the wild throws of intense sexual encounters.

Play safe and play hard,

Got a question for V? V may be contacted at dearv@themiamihurricane.com.

Advice Columnist

The first University of Miami player to wear the coveted turnover chain will no longer play football ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...

Highlighted by a thrilling, three-set, top-five win by sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba, the Miami w ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...