Class of 2011

The University of Miami has a rich tradition of great athletes. This spring, the UM Sports Hall of Fame will induct seven newcomers at the 43rd Annual Spring Banquet next semester. Below are the seven former Canes and a brief blurb about their contributions during their tenure with the orange and green.

Ian Duvenhage, women’s tennis coach from 1982-1988

Coached team to seven NCAA Tournament appearances and had a career-winning percentage of .749.

Bobby Hill, baseball player from 1997-1999

Has a .360 career batting average and is UM’s all-time leader in stolen bases. He is also in the top 10 in hits and walks.

Daphne Jongejans-Bousquet, women’s diving 1985-1988

Eight time All-American who competed in the Olympics three times.

Yolanda McCray, women’s track runner 1995-1999

Six time All-American and won seven Big-East Titles.

Dan Morgan, football player 1997-2000

Miami career leader in tackles with 532 and won the Butkis Award, Magurski Award and Bednarik Award all in the same year.

Santana Moss, football player 1997-2000

Miami career leader in all-purpose yards, recieving yards, punt return yards and punt return touchdowns.

Tyce Routson, men’s diving 1995-1997, 2000

Eleven time All-American.

Reggie Wayne, football player 1997-2000

Career leader in total receptions. Holds UM record for most consecutive games with at least one reception.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Class of 2011”

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...