Sports briefs 10/28

Golf

The Hurricanes Golf team wrapped up the fall portion of their schedule on Tuesday afternoon with the conclusion of the Palmetto Intercollegiate in South Carolina. Senior Maria Ronderos and freshman Carina Cuculiza both shot both shot 4-over 75, tying for eighth in the event as the Canes finished tied for twelfth overall. The Canes will kick off the spring portion of their season in February.

Women’s Basketball

The preseason accolades keep coming for junior Shenise Johnsonas she was named to the Preseason All-ACC team on Tuesday. Johnson was previously named to the Wooden Award National Player of the Year watch list. The team kicks off their season on Nov. 6 against Rollins College.

Track & Field

After sweeping through the competition last week in getting first place finishes for both the men and the women’s teams, the Cross Country squad will head up to Boston to participate in this years ACC Championships. They will be held on Saturday at 9:30 AM and will be the final test before the Canes head to the NCAA Regional Championships in mid-November.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports briefs 10/28”

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...