News Briefs 11/1

Pedestrian bridge funding found

After the injuries, some fatal, of several students  crossing U.S. 1 on Mariposa Court,  the construction of a pedestrian overpass has been funded. On Oct. 21, a resolution passed that would transfer funds from the Dadeland North, Dadeland South and South Miami metrorail stations to the University metrorail station to build the new bridge by the Miami-Dade Metropolitan Planning Organization Governance Board.

UM alumni take on broadway

Two University of Miami graduates have been ranked highly in the new edition of Broadway.com’s Fresh Faces. Joshua Henry (B.M. ’06) is currently starring as part of the original cast of “The Scottsboro Boys” as Haywood Patterson, and Sarah Amengual (B.F.A. ’10) landed the role of Maria in the revival of “West Side Story” at the Palace Theatre in New York City.

Executive MBA Program ranked

The Financial Times has ranked the Executive MBA (EMBA) program at the University of Miami School of Business Administration No. 37 in the United States in the newspaper’s 2010 ranking of the world’s top EMBA programs. The school is the only Florida business school to make the list this year. The report also ranked it No. 26 in the world for research.

Films from havana to miami

The Miami Consortium in Latin American and Caribbean Studies is pleased to announce the Miami premier screening of award-winning shorts by contemporary street filmmakers from Havana, in Spanish with English subtitles. The screening will take place Friday at 7 p.m. and is free to the public.

Compiled by Parker Davis, who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com, and Alexandra Leon, who may be contacted at aleon@themiamihurricane.com

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...