News Briefs 11/1

Pedestrian bridge funding found

After the injuries, some fatal, of several students  crossing U.S. 1 on Mariposa Court,  the construction of a pedestrian overpass has been funded. On Oct. 21, a resolution passed that would transfer funds from the Dadeland North, Dadeland South and South Miami metrorail stations to the University metrorail station to build the new bridge by the Miami-Dade Metropolitan Planning Organization Governance Board.

UM alumni take on broadway

Two University of Miami graduates have been ranked highly in the new edition of Broadway.com’s Fresh Faces. Joshua Henry (B.M. ’06) is currently starring as part of the original cast of “The Scottsboro Boys” as Haywood Patterson, and Sarah Amengual (B.F.A. ’10) landed the role of Maria in the revival of “West Side Story” at the Palace Theatre in New York City.

Executive MBA Program ranked

The Financial Times has ranked the Executive MBA (EMBA) program at the University of Miami School of Business Administration No. 37 in the United States in the newspaper’s 2010 ranking of the world’s top EMBA programs. The school is the only Florida business school to make the list this year. The report also ranked it No. 26 in the world for research.

Films from havana to miami

The Miami Consortium in Latin American and Caribbean Studies is pleased to announce the Miami premier screening of award-winning shorts by contemporary street filmmakers from Havana, in Spanish with English subtitles. The screening will take place Friday at 7 p.m. and is free to the public.

Compiled by Parker Davis, who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com, and Alexandra Leon, who may be contacted at aleon@themiamihurricane.com

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...