News Briefs 11/1

Pedestrian bridge funding found

After the injuries, some fatal, of several students  crossing U.S. 1 on Mariposa Court,  the construction of a pedestrian overpass has been funded. On Oct. 21, a resolution passed that would transfer funds from the Dadeland North, Dadeland South and South Miami metrorail stations to the University metrorail station to build the new bridge by the Miami-Dade Metropolitan Planning Organization Governance Board.

UM alumni take on broadway

Two University of Miami graduates have been ranked highly in the new edition of Broadway.com’s Fresh Faces. Joshua Henry (B.M. ’06) is currently starring as part of the original cast of “The Scottsboro Boys” as Haywood Patterson, and Sarah Amengual (B.F.A. ’10) landed the role of Maria in the revival of “West Side Story” at the Palace Theatre in New York City.

Executive MBA Program ranked

The Financial Times has ranked the Executive MBA (EMBA) program at the University of Miami School of Business Administration No. 37 in the United States in the newspaper’s 2010 ranking of the world’s top EMBA programs. The school is the only Florida business school to make the list this year. The report also ranked it No. 26 in the world for research.

Films from havana to miami

The Miami Consortium in Latin American and Caribbean Studies is pleased to announce the Miami premier screening of award-winning shorts by contemporary street filmmakers from Havana, in Spanish with English subtitles. The screening will take place Friday at 7 p.m. and is free to the public.

Compiled by Parker Davis, who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com, and Alexandra Leon, who may be contacted at aleon@themiamihurricane.com

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...