Music Minute: Halloween Edition

It’s October and Halloween is in the air, which means it’s time to embrace all things sinister, devilish or otherwise alien. Make sure your fright-night pregame playlist is as freaky as the costumes you’ll be stumbling in later.

1. “Devil in a New Dress” by Kanye West – This is Kanye doing what he does best: rapping over a sample that accentuates the meaning of his rhyme.
  2. “Embrace the Martian” by Crookers (feat. Kid Cudi) – Only Cudi could make the idea of being abducted by an extraterrestrial seem inviting.
  3. “One Night in New York City” by The Horrorist – Don’t listen to this one alone in the dark – it’s a creepy bedtime story only for seasoned technoheads.
  4. “What Else Is There” by Royksopp (Trentmoller Remix) – Oldie but goodie – a funky electronic reverie that’s made for a late night car ride.
  5. “Must Be a Devil” by Diplo (CSY Remix) – As a clever play on Pixie’s “Hey,” this song is a mood setter perfect for Hallows’ Eve.

Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...