Sports briefs 10/25

Men’s Tennis

Senior Carl Sundberg and junior Santiago Nieto recorded wins for the Hurricanes on Saturday afternoon as the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s Regional Championship came to a close at the University of Florida. Sundberg, who is ranked 96 in the nation, won his third game in his last four on Sat in consolation play, and Nieto was able to pick up his fourth win in his last five contests as well. The Hurricanes are off until Nov. 4, when they travel to New York to compete at the National Collegiate Indoor Championship.

Swimming & Diving

The Hurricanes Swimming & Diving team went 1-1 this weekend after taking on both Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida State University this Saturday at Tallahassee. The Canes defeated the Eagles, 174-126 but were unable to come away with the win against the Seminoles, falling 179.5-120.5. The Canes have a week off before traveling to Houston to take on both Rice University and the University of Houston starting on Nov. 5.

Baseball

Former Hurricanes Pat Burrell and Aubrey Huff are on their way to the World Series after the San Francisco Giants eliminated the defending National League Champion Philadelphia Phillis on Saturday night, 3-2. The Giants will take on the American League Champion Texas Rangers on Wednesday night.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...