Sports briefs 10/25

Men’s Tennis

Senior Carl Sundberg and junior Santiago Nieto recorded wins for the Hurricanes on Saturday afternoon as the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s Regional Championship came to a close at the University of Florida. Sundberg, who is ranked 96 in the nation, won his third game in his last four on Sat in consolation play, and Nieto was able to pick up his fourth win in his last five contests as well. The Hurricanes are off until Nov. 4, when they travel to New York to compete at the National Collegiate Indoor Championship.

Swimming & Diving

The Hurricanes Swimming & Diving team went 1-1 this weekend after taking on both Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida State University this Saturday at Tallahassee. The Canes defeated the Eagles, 174-126 but were unable to come away with the win against the Seminoles, falling 179.5-120.5. The Canes have a week off before traveling to Houston to take on both Rice University and the University of Houston starting on Nov. 5.

Baseball

Former Hurricanes Pat Burrell and Aubrey Huff are on their way to the World Series after the San Francisco Giants eliminated the defending National League Champion Philadelphia Phillis on Saturday night, 3-2. The Giants will take on the American League Champion Texas Rangers on Wednesday night.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...