News Briefs 10/25

COISO Halloween Mixer

Join the Council of International Students and Organizations for a costume design competition, pumpkin decorating, and a pie-eating contest on Monday, Oct 25 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. in UC room 213.

UM’s School of Education Receives $1.4 million grant

The U.S. Department of Education has awarded UM’s School of Education Department of Teaching and Learning with a $1.4 million, five year grant to revamp its curriculum and implement a course of study to empower teachers to serve children with various disabilities within their classroom.

Serpentine Lot is going to be closed to regular commuters that day

The University of Miami will host His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama on Tuesday, Oct 26 at 1:30 p.m. at the Bank United Center and heavy traffic is expected in the vicinity.  Faculty, students, and staff are urged to walk or ride campus shuttle buses to get to the BUC. The Serpentine lot will be closed to commuters.

United Way Silent Auction

The Office of Finance and Treasury has officially launched the 2010 United Way Silent Auction which runs until November 18 and is open to UM faculty, staff, and students. Options include airline tickets, hotel stays, restaurant vouchers, electronics, and more. For more information visit miami.edu/silentauction.

Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...