News Briefs 10/25

COISO Halloween Mixer

Join the Council of International Students and Organizations for a costume design competition, pumpkin decorating, and a pie-eating contest on Monday, Oct 25 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. in UC room 213.

UM’s School of Education Receives $1.4 million grant

The U.S. Department of Education has awarded UM’s School of Education Department of Teaching and Learning with a $1.4 million, five year grant to revamp its curriculum and implement a course of study to empower teachers to serve children with various disabilities within their classroom.

Serpentine Lot is going to be closed to regular commuters that day

The University of Miami will host His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama on Tuesday, Oct 26 at 1:30 p.m. at the Bank United Center and heavy traffic is expected in the vicinity.  Faculty, students, and staff are urged to walk or ride campus shuttle buses to get to the BUC. The Serpentine lot will be closed to commuters.

United Way Silent Auction

The Office of Finance and Treasury has officially launched the 2010 United Way Silent Auction which runs until November 18 and is open to UM faculty, staff, and students. Options include airline tickets, hotel stays, restaurant vouchers, electronics, and more. For more information visit miami.edu/silentauction.

Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...