“Life As We Know It” heartwarming but predictable

Courtesy Warner Bros. Pictures

“Life As We Know It” is this season’s best romantic comedy with just enough drama to melt hearts and just enough hilarity to overshadow all the dramatics. Although it’s wholly predictable, the film is still charming and warm.

“Life As We Know It” is a tale about an incompatible man and woman who become stuck with the task of raising their best friend’s infant daughter.

Holly (Katherine Heigl) and Messer (Josh Duhamel) are faced with all of the challenges of unexpected parenthood while giving up the lives they had for a forced family. The actors mesh well together and their characters’ frequent spats feel as believable as they come.

The best emotions captured by the cast embodied those common of new parents, a strange mixture of excitement and fear of the unknown. Holly and Messer find commonality in their love for the baby Sophie and try to work out their differences for her sake.

The movie is full of non-stop laughs and sweet, touching moments. Though it may seem the story has been told before in one way or another, where the opposites find a common factor that brings them together in love and happiness in the end, it’s still entertaining. Great for a first date, this comedy does a good job of not overdoing the romance, but manages to leave a lasting impression on hearts through laughter.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Starring: Katherine Heigl, Josh Duhamel, Josh Lucas

Released: Oct. 8

MPAA rating: PG-13

Jasmine Henderson

Contributing Columnist

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...