Sports briefs

Swimming & Diving

After recording a 188-54 win over Florida International University in their home opener, which included winning 12 out of the 13 events, the Hurricane swimming and diving team is preparing for another in-state match-up this Saturday. The Canes will travel to Tallahassee to take on both Florida Gulf Coast University and the host Florida State University starting at 10 a.m.

Soccer

The Hurricanes are set to kick off Senior Night at Cobb Stadium tonight when they take on the Virginia Tech Hokies at 7:30 p.m. Miami, currently 3-3 in the ACC and 9-5-1 overall, are aiming to make the NCAA Tournament for the third year in a row. The Canes will honor seniors Brittney Steinbruch, Brittney Macdonald, Barbara Blocker, Katie Oddo and Lauren Singer in a pre-game ceremony.

Football

Defensive lineman Allen Bailey has been named one of the quarter-finalists for the Lott IMPACT Trophy. He is one of 23 athletes who were named quarter-finalists of the award, which is given every year to college football’s Defensive IMPACT Player of the Year. The award strives in recognizing both athletic performance and personal character attributes of each player.

UNC at Miami Game changes

The University of Miami athletics department and Sun Life Stadium have announced some changes to the game day operations for Saturday night’s game. Parking lot gates will open at 2:30 p.m., an hour earlier than originally intended, in order to alleviate traffic flow. Also, all parking (both pre-purchased and purchased on sight) will be directed to individual parking spots by stadium personnel. There will also be an increased presence in  security and law enforcement.

Ernesto Suarez can be reached at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...