News Briefs 10/21

Senior Spotlight

The 2011 Ibis Yearbook is looking to spotlight the 20 best seniors on campus. Applications are due by Friday by 5 p.m. to the Ibis Yearbook office, UC 229. For questions, contact ibispeople@gmail.com.

National Ranking

The University of Miami’s School of Business Administration was recognized by the Princeton Review in the 2011 edition of “The Best 300 Business Schools,” placing sixth in “Greatest Opportunity for Minority Students” and seventh in “Most Competitive Students.”

Miller School of Medicine receives grant

The Miller School of Medicine has received a $2.2 million five-year grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, to support innovative components of a newly created M.D./M.P.H. program that will respond directly to a severe shortage of physicians trained in public health and health care delivery.

UM Dalai Lama related events

The University of Miami will host several events related to the return visit of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, who will speak on “The Quest for Happiness in Challenging Times” at the BankUnited Center on Oct. 26. For information on the various programs, visit miami.edu/dalailama/index.html.

Yearbook Photos

The 2011 Ibis Yearbook will be taking portraits in the UC Lower Lounge from Oct. 25 to Nov. 5, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Portraits are free for freshmen, sophomores and juniors. Seniors can sign up for appointments at miami.edu/ibis. For questions, call 305-284-6385.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...