News Briefs 10/14

Young republicans and democrats debate

The University of Miami’s Young Democrats and Young Republicans will be debating the issues that most affect students in the United States. The debate will take place Monday from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge. The Council for Democracy will moderate the debate.

Beyond the ballot

The University of Miami department of political science will host Beyond the Ballot, which will provide insight on elections in Florida and nationwide, on Monday at 6:30 p.m. in Storer Auditorium. Featured speakers include Mark Penn and Karen Hughes.

Great Give Away

Random Acts of Kindness is preparing for this year’s Great Give Away, a two-to-three week incentive-based clothing drive that rewards anyone who donates five or more articles of clothing with a brand new ‘U R Awesome’ Shirt.  Volunteers are needed and will be able to claim community service hours through the Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development, if desired. To get involved, email UMGreatGiveAway@gmail.com.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...