Sports briefs 10/11

Women’s Tennis

The women’s tennis team’s run at the ITA Championship ended with a loss on Saturday afternoon as the 16th-ranked doubles team of Bianca Eichkorn and Anna Bartenstein fell to the Duke pair of Ella Nze and Nadine Fahoum.  The loss came after back-to-back wins over top-50 opponents against Virginia and Texas A&M. The Canes are off until Oct. 22, when they will participate in the ITA Southeast Regional in Athens, Ga.

Men’s Tennis

The Hurricanes men’s tennis team wrapped up the inaugural UM Invitational Tournament, bringing home three titles, including two singles groups. Freshmen Omar Aly went undefeated over the weekend, going 4-0 on route to a group five win. Senior Eduardo Pavia and junior Santiago Nieto both went 3-1 over the weekend as well. The Canes will now prepare for the ITA Southeast Championships on Oct.21 in Gainesville.

Women’s Basketball

The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the addition of two televised games for the Canes. Home games against Florida State and Georgia Tech will now be shown on the CSS Network, adding on to the home games against Boston College and Clemson and away games against FSU and North Carolina that were already scheduled.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...