Sports briefs 10/11

Women’s Tennis

The women’s tennis team’s run at the ITA Championship ended with a loss on Saturday afternoon as the 16th-ranked doubles team of Bianca Eichkorn and Anna Bartenstein fell to the Duke pair of Ella Nze and Nadine Fahoum.  The loss came after back-to-back wins over top-50 opponents against Virginia and Texas A&M. The Canes are off until Oct. 22, when they will participate in the ITA Southeast Regional in Athens, Ga.

Men’s Tennis

The Hurricanes men’s tennis team wrapped up the inaugural UM Invitational Tournament, bringing home three titles, including two singles groups. Freshmen Omar Aly went undefeated over the weekend, going 4-0 on route to a group five win. Senior Eduardo Pavia and junior Santiago Nieto both went 3-1 over the weekend as well. The Canes will now prepare for the ITA Southeast Championships on Oct.21 in Gainesville.

Women’s Basketball

The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the addition of two televised games for the Canes. Home games against Florida State and Georgia Tech will now be shown on the CSS Network, adding on to the home games against Boston College and Clemson and away games against FSU and North Carolina that were already scheduled.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor