1

6 October 2010

The American Dream is not for everyone

Less than a month ago, the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act better known as the DREAM ACT was shut down by Congress, yet again.

The Dream Act is a proposed legislation that would allow undocumented young people, who were raised in this country and are under the age of 35, to live in this country legally. Most of these young people do not even remember their place of birth. They see the United States as their home. It is not their fault that they came to this country illegally and, therefore, should not be punished.

This legislation probably does not affect any of us since we are able to attend college- we must have some sort of legal standing. However, it does affect many people around us. I have many friends who were not able to continue their education due to the lack of an immigration status. Just look around you: We live in Miami, one of the most diverse cities in the world.

You can find a person from almost every country in the world in here. We are all part of the melting pot that is American culture. However, there are still some people who are in the dark. I find it hard to believe that in a nation made by immigrants, there are still some people forgotten by society. Currently, there are about 11 million undocumented people living in the United States. I wonder what the government plans to do to fix this problem.

We can’t just keep looking away. As college students and future leaders of this nation we need to make a stance in order to improve our society. We need to fix this problem now so all these young people can have a future.

Rosa Orihuela is a sophomore majoring in journalism and computer science. She may be contacted at rorihuela@themiamihurricane.com.

One thought on “The American Dream is not for everyone

1. Mexico Has Invaded/Sabotage The U.S Jobs Market & Economy and Increased Border Violence… Mexican government dose not stop their population when crossing South West U.S Borders. Help Legal U.S Citizens Liberate The U.S From Mexico’s Government & Help End The Worlds Largest Illegal Immigrant Invasion Of Over 30 Million People… These Illegal’s Also Need To Stop All This Protesting Because They’re Just Pissing Us Off Like The Jews Did In Germany/Europe!!!

A Plan For A Real “American Dream Act” Bill & Counter Attack To Save Legal U.S Citizen From Silent Invasion:

First bring back our soldiers from this Afghanistan war that is costly and going nowhere. Middle Eastern and Asians love to see us waste money and go broke fighting for freedom when they don’t really want it. This is their main weapon and we keep falling into their trap. Then we need to regroup military troops and military force to invade/overthrow Mexico’s government turning it into a U.S territory.
    The new land will be used as an industrial/business commerce zone. U.S citizens will be able to by property and have a dual citizenship between U.S and Mexico. Mexico will keep its current currency and there current government will be demoted to local municipal law enforcement as long as they surrender to the U.S.
    The U.S will be in full control of all laws, finances, local law enforcement, military and our “Secondary Army of Illegal Soldiers/Enforcers” in Mexico. The path to dual citizenship will require the illegal immigrants living in the U.S to serve in the U.S Secondary South Boarder Military for teen years… Along with completing the invasion/overthrow of Mexican government to expand U.S lands, business, and revive our economy. For Mexico citizen requesting to come to the U.S temporary worker programs and legal paths to citizenship & residence will be granted to those who qualify.
    This action is to liberate Mexico from its corrupt government that is destroying it self and the U.S slowly. It is also a test for them to redeem them selves for us to see, how much heart they have, how patriotic they are, and much they love this country including us, laws in all.
    This Government, past & present, Republican & Democrat, have allowed this invasion of 20 to 30 million illegal aliens of which is the largest invasion of any Nation, at any time, by any means and in direct violation of Article IV Section IV of the U.S Constitution. Our government has failed the most basic and primary task & duty of government, spelled out in our Constitution Article IV Section IV to protect this Nation and its Citizens from invasion and enforce its laws.
    We need real change and action on this now!
    Give Central, South & Caribbean Americans Rights Reside In Mexico To Work
    U.S. Constitution – Article 4 Section 4 Text Copy
    Article 4 – The States
    Section 4 – Republican Government
    The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.
    -CITE- Partial Text Copy
    10 USC CHAPTER 13 – THE MILITIA

-STATUTE-

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied
    males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section
    313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a
    declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States
    and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the
    National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are –

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
    and the Naval Militia; and
    (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
    the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
    Naval Militia.

Pass It On To Congress & The President!!!