School of Nursing launches new website

The School of Nursing and Health Studies has recently launched a more updated version of their website. The construction and planning of this website had been on hold for almost a year – the idea that began November 2009 is now finally complete.

The updated website includes 300 pages of newly added content, interactive pages with six sliding panels, instant access to the School of Nursing and Health Studies’ Facebook and Twitter pages, and over 200-300 new pictures.

“I wanted to design a website that would represent the students from the School of Nursing. I wanted to design a website that would reflect the staff from our school,” said Dean Nilda “Nena” Peragallo.

The website was worked on by two teams: the UM Department of Information Technology and the developers at the School of Nursing and Health Studies. The sliding panels are now arranged from degrees that the school offers and is categorized by undergraduates all the way up to graduate students. The biggest change has been the direct links to Facebook and Twitter, which help students more readily access the news and information they need.

David Christopher, the Director of Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations was personally involved with the transformation of the website.

“Our new website will help all students and future students navigate more effectively,” he said.

The School of Nursing was established in 1948 at the University of Miami and was the first of South Florida’s collegiate nursing programs. The program was extended in 2005 and started including health science majors, prompting them to change their name to The School of Nursing and Health Studies.

The purpose of the website changes was to make it more accessible for students and easier to navigate through. Although the website received some major upgrades, not many students have heard about the changes.

“I went on the website and I saw the changes, but I never really got the news that it had been updated. I mean, it looked different, but I didn’t actually realize that the whole website had been updated,” said Tashana Lapierre, a junior at the School of Nursing and Health Studies.

Biajl Mehta may be contacted at bmehta@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

Bijal Mehta Contributing News Writer

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...