News briefs 10/4

Knight Center named finalist for award

The Knight Center for International Media at the University of Miami School of Communication has been named a finalist for the Online News Association’s prestigious 2010 Online Journalism Award for its “My Story, My Goal” project that looks at global issues such as poverty and education in Africa and Asia. The Knight Center is competing against Syracuse University for the top prize in the Online Video Journalism, student category.

Locks of Love

LINK will be giving haircuts for Locks of Love on Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. in UC Ballroom B.

Filmmaker to visit

Filmmaker Kelley Baker will lecture on micro-budget filmmaking and alternative marketing and distribution methods Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at the Cosford Cinema. A screening of his most recent film “Kicking Bird” will follow at 12:20 p.m.

Invisible Children screening

On Tuesday at 8:45 p.m. the Invisible Children face-to-face tour will screen a film about the war in Uganda and someone will speak about their experiences living in the middle of the conflict. Free food and drinks will be served. Contact invisiblechildrenum@gmail.com with questions.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...