Football

Miami beats Clemson 30-21 on Saturday

The University of Miami football team defeated Clemson University 30-21 Saturday afternoon in Death Valley.

UM (3-1, 1-0) forced six turnovers against the Tigers (2-2, 0-1) but none was even the biggest defensive play.

With just over eight minutes left in the fourth quarter, Miami led 27-21 and Clemson was threatening in the red zone. CU head coach Dabo Swinney decided to go for it on 4th-and-1 from the 20 yard line and junior cornerback Brandon Harris leveled running back Andre Ellington as the Tigers turned the ball over on downs.

On the ensuing drive senior kicker Matt Bosher hit a 29 yard field goal to make the game a two possession contest.

Junior quarterback Jacory Harris looked unimpressive but did throw four touchdown passes, three of them were to senior standout Leonard Hankerson who finished the day with seven grabs for 147 yards.

Harris was 13-for-33 with 205 yards passing but did throw two interceptions, one in the end zone.

Senior running back Damien Berry ran for over 100 yards.

Be sure to pick up a copy of Monday’s The Miami Hurricane for more analysis and read Professor Antweil’s report card.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will conclude its regular season Sunday with a home d ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...