Football

Miami beats Clemson 30-21 on Saturday

The University of Miami football team defeated Clemson University 30-21 Saturday afternoon in Death Valley.

UM (3-1, 1-0) forced six turnovers against the Tigers (2-2, 0-1) but none was even the biggest defensive play.

With just over eight minutes left in the fourth quarter, Miami led 27-21 and Clemson was threatening in the red zone. CU head coach Dabo Swinney decided to go for it on 4th-and-1 from the 20 yard line and junior cornerback Brandon Harris leveled running back Andre Ellington as the Tigers turned the ball over on downs.

On the ensuing drive senior kicker Matt Bosher hit a 29 yard field goal to make the game a two possession contest.

Junior quarterback Jacory Harris looked unimpressive but did throw four touchdown passes, three of them were to senior standout Leonard Hankerson who finished the day with seven grabs for 147 yards.

Harris was 13-for-33 with 205 yards passing but did throw two interceptions, one in the end zone.

Senior running back Damien Berry ran for over 100 yards.

Be sure to pick up a copy of Monday’s The Miami Hurricane for more analysis and read Professor Antweil’s report card.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...