Football

Miami beats Clemson 30-21 on Saturday

The University of Miami football team defeated Clemson University 30-21 Saturday afternoon in Death Valley.

UM (3-1, 1-0) forced six turnovers against the Tigers (2-2, 0-1) but none was even the biggest defensive play.

With just over eight minutes left in the fourth quarter, Miami led 27-21 and Clemson was threatening in the red zone. CU head coach Dabo Swinney decided to go for it on 4th-and-1 from the 20 yard line and junior cornerback Brandon Harris leveled running back Andre Ellington as the Tigers turned the ball over on downs.

On the ensuing drive senior kicker Matt Bosher hit a 29 yard field goal to make the game a two possession contest.

Junior quarterback Jacory Harris looked unimpressive but did throw four touchdown passes, three of them were to senior standout Leonard Hankerson who finished the day with seven grabs for 147 yards.

Harris was 13-for-33 with 205 yards passing but did throw two interceptions, one in the end zone.

Senior running back Damien Berry ran for over 100 yards.

Be sure to pick up a copy of Monday’s The Miami Hurricane for more analysis and read Professor Antweil’s report card.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil