News Briefs 9/30

Bus Stickers for FSU

Bus stickers are now available for the Oct. 9 home game against in-state rival Florida State. Stickers can be picked up at the UC information desk until 5 p.m. on Wednesday. A valid ‘Cane card is required.

Meet the Greeks 2010

Come and meet the Greeks from all councils at the University of Miami on Monday at 6 p.m. in the Rock. Refreshments will be served.

Apply for Senate

Student Government Senate seats are available for eligible business majors, Mahoney residents and juniors. Applications are due by Oct 8 by 5 p.m. to the Student Government office or you can email an application to Speaker Pro-Tempore Jordan Thomas at j.thomas8@umiami.edu.

Public Relations in South Africa lecture

The School of Communication invites you to a lecture by Professor Anske F. Grobler of the Department of Marketing and Communication Management at the University of Pretoria, South Africa, about “Public Relations in South Africa,” on  Thursday at the School of Communication Wolfson Building Room 4028.

New Student Voter Registration

New voters in Florida must register by Monday. Registered voters in Florida may vote at an early voting site between Oct.18 and Oct. 31 as a flexible alternative to voting on Election Day. Alternatively, students may vote early with a mail-in absentee ballot. Requests for absentee ballots must be made by 5 p.m. on Oct. 27.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 9/30”

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...