News Briefs 9/30

Bus Stickers for FSU

Bus stickers are now available for the Oct. 9 home game against in-state rival Florida State. Stickers can be picked up at the UC information desk until 5 p.m. on Wednesday. A valid ‘Cane card is required.

Meet the Greeks 2010

Come and meet the Greeks from all councils at the University of Miami on Monday at 6 p.m. in the Rock. Refreshments will be served.

Apply for Senate

Student Government Senate seats are available for eligible business majors, Mahoney residents and juniors. Applications are due by Oct 8 by 5 p.m. to the Student Government office or you can email an application to Speaker Pro-Tempore Jordan Thomas at j.thomas8@umiami.edu.

Public Relations in South Africa lecture

The School of Communication invites you to a lecture by Professor Anske F. Grobler of the Department of Marketing and Communication Management at the University of Pretoria, South Africa, about “Public Relations in South Africa,” on  Thursday at the School of Communication Wolfson Building Room 4028.

New Student Voter Registration

New voters in Florida must register by Monday. Registered voters in Florida may vote at an early voting site between Oct.18 and Oct. 31 as a flexible alternative to voting on Election Day. Alternatively, students may vote early with a mail-in absentee ballot. Requests for absentee ballots must be made by 5 p.m. on Oct. 27.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...