Sports briefs 9/27

Football

The game time for next week’s match-up between the Hurricanes and the Clemson Tigers has been set for noon on Saturday. The game can be caught on ESPN2 and ESPN 3D.

Women’s Tennis

The Lady Canes opened up their season at the Miami Fall Invitational this past weekend, where they had a dominating performance, winning 20 of 21 matches.  The Canes swept through their singles matches, going 15-0 including three wins by senior Bianca Eichkorn, who is currently ranked No.14 in the nation.  The Canes will begin preparing for next weekend’s ITA/Riviera All-American Championships, held in California.

Men’s Tennis

After beginning his freshman campaign winning his first four matches, newcomer Gabriel Flores suffered his first loss in the semifinals of the Southern Intercollegiates Sunday afternoon.  He fell to Vanderbilt’s Alex Zotov in the final two sets, losing both 6-2.  The Hurricanes picked up 14 wins in their first weekend of competition. They will next compete in the All-American Championships in Oklahoma starting on Oct.4.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com
Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...