Sports briefs 9/27

Football

The game time for next week’s match-up between the Hurricanes and the Clemson Tigers has been set for noon on Saturday. The game can be caught on ESPN2 and ESPN 3D.

Women’s Tennis

The Lady Canes opened up their season at the Miami Fall Invitational this past weekend, where they had a dominating performance, winning 20 of 21 matches.  The Canes swept through their singles matches, going 15-0 including three wins by senior Bianca Eichkorn, who is currently ranked No.14 in the nation.  The Canes will begin preparing for next weekend’s ITA/Riviera All-American Championships, held in California.

Men’s Tennis

After beginning his freshman campaign winning his first four matches, newcomer Gabriel Flores suffered his first loss in the semifinals of the Southern Intercollegiates Sunday afternoon.  He fell to Vanderbilt’s Alex Zotov in the final two sets, losing both 6-2.  The Hurricanes picked up 14 wins in their first weekend of competition. They will next compete in the All-American Championships in Oklahoma starting on Oct.4.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com
Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...