Sports briefs 9/27

Football

The game time for next week’s match-up between the Hurricanes and the Clemson Tigers has been set for noon on Saturday. The game can be caught on ESPN2 and ESPN 3D.

Women’s Tennis

The Lady Canes opened up their season at the Miami Fall Invitational this past weekend, where they had a dominating performance, winning 20 of 21 matches.  The Canes swept through their singles matches, going 15-0 including three wins by senior Bianca Eichkorn, who is currently ranked No.14 in the nation.  The Canes will begin preparing for next weekend’s ITA/Riviera All-American Championships, held in California.

Men’s Tennis

After beginning his freshman campaign winning his first four matches, newcomer Gabriel Flores suffered his first loss in the semifinals of the Southern Intercollegiates Sunday afternoon.  He fell to Vanderbilt’s Alex Zotov in the final two sets, losing both 6-2.  The Hurricanes picked up 14 wins in their first weekend of competition. They will next compete in the All-American Championships in Oklahoma starting on Oct.4.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com
Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...