News Briefs 9/27

‘Jackass’ visits UM

Johnny Knoxville and Jeff Tremaine of “Jackass” will be on campus on Monday to sign autographs and host a mechanical bull contest from 1-2 p.m. on the UC patio.

Cuban Film Screening

Director Tomás Piard’s film “El Viajero Inmóvil/The Still Traveler”  will premiere Tuesday at the Cosford Cinema for the first time in the United States.

Dinner and a Movie

The Women’s and Gender Studies program presents their third annual Dinner and a Movie series on Thursday in the Master’s apartment of Hecht Residential College. The first film will be “Interview With a Vampire,” starring Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt.

Short Film Contest

Aspiring filmmakers across the country are invited to showcase their talent by creating an original two-to-five minute film.  A panel of expert judges will choose up to 25 finalists based on creativity, quality and content. Four winners will be chosen to receive a trip for two to the 2011 Sundance Film Festival, including hotel, air and ground transportation. Video submissions will be accepted until Oct. 31 via Time Warner Cable’s YouTube channel, youtube.com/timewarnercable.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com and Stephanie Parra who may be contacted at sparra@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 9/27”

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...