Sports briefs 9/23

Volleyball

The Canes will look to rebound after their 3-1 loss at the hands of the Florida State Seminoles when they conclude their six game homestand this weekend at the Knight Sports Complex. The Canes will face off against Virginia Tech on Friday night at 7 p.m. before taking on Virginia on Sunday at 1 p.m. Both games can be heard on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.

Rowing

Head coach Andrew Carter has announced the hiring of Barbi Breimann as the newest member of the coaching staff.  Briemann will come to Miami after having served as a graduate assistant for 2 years at Clemson University. She was also part of the Clemson rowing crew from 2003-2007, helping the Tigers rank as high as 12th in the nation in her time there.

Soccer

The Soccer team will return from an eight day break to take on ACC rival Florida State on Sunday afternoon. The Canes are coming off of their 3-1 win against Fordham and will look to improve upon their 6-2-1 record. The game can be caught at Cobb Stadium starting at 12 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez can be reached at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

Confident and effective service game propelled University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and fresh ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed back to the NCAA Singles Cham ...

Junior becomes first three-time All-American in program history. ...

For the 16th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season ranked in the top 20 ...