Sports briefs 9/23

Volleyball

The Canes will look to rebound after their 3-1 loss at the hands of the Florida State Seminoles when they conclude their six game homestand this weekend at the Knight Sports Complex. The Canes will face off against Virginia Tech on Friday night at 7 p.m. before taking on Virginia on Sunday at 1 p.m. Both games can be heard on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.

Rowing

Head coach Andrew Carter has announced the hiring of Barbi Breimann as the newest member of the coaching staff.  Briemann will come to Miami after having served as a graduate assistant for 2 years at Clemson University. She was also part of the Clemson rowing crew from 2003-2007, helping the Tigers rank as high as 12th in the nation in her time there.

Soccer

The Soccer team will return from an eight day break to take on ACC rival Florida State on Sunday afternoon. The Canes are coming off of their 3-1 win against Fordham and will look to improve upon their 6-2-1 record. The game can be caught at Cobb Stadium starting at 12 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez can be reached at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The two year project looks to improve forecast predictions that would look three to four weeks out, ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...