Sports briefs 9/23

Volleyball

The Canes will look to rebound after their 3-1 loss at the hands of the Florida State Seminoles when they conclude their six game homestand this weekend at the Knight Sports Complex. The Canes will face off against Virginia Tech on Friday night at 7 p.m. before taking on Virginia on Sunday at 1 p.m. Both games can be heard on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.

Rowing

Head coach Andrew Carter has announced the hiring of Barbi Breimann as the newest member of the coaching staff.  Briemann will come to Miami after having served as a graduate assistant for 2 years at Clemson University. She was also part of the Clemson rowing crew from 2003-2007, helping the Tigers rank as high as 12th in the nation in her time there.

Soccer

The Soccer team will return from an eight day break to take on ACC rival Florida State on Sunday afternoon. The Canes are coming off of their 3-1 win against Fordham and will look to improve upon their 6-2-1 record. The game can be caught at Cobb Stadium starting at 12 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez can be reached at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...