Sports briefs 9/23

Volleyball

The Canes will look to rebound after their 3-1 loss at the hands of the Florida State Seminoles when they conclude their six game homestand this weekend at the Knight Sports Complex. The Canes will face off against Virginia Tech on Friday night at 7 p.m. before taking on Virginia on Sunday at 1 p.m. Both games can be heard on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.

Rowing

Head coach Andrew Carter has announced the hiring of Barbi Breimann as the newest member of the coaching staff.  Briemann will come to Miami after having served as a graduate assistant for 2 years at Clemson University. She was also part of the Clemson rowing crew from 2003-2007, helping the Tigers rank as high as 12th in the nation in her time there.

Soccer

The Soccer team will return from an eight day break to take on ACC rival Florida State on Sunday afternoon. The Canes are coming off of their 3-1 win against Fordham and will look to improve upon their 6-2-1 record. The game can be caught at Cobb Stadium starting at 12 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez can be reached at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

About Author

Ernesto Suarez Sports Editor

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

View photos of the first day of Miami Hurricanes spring football practice on Tues., March 22, 2017 … ...

News and views from the first day of UM football spring practice: • Found it interesting that when M ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

The world renown flautist joins the Frost School of Music ...

A fluid multi-platform exhibition examines the impacts of climate change through art, research, medi ...

At the Net with Jesse Flores ...

At the Net with... ...

Kristina Fisher of the Miami soccer team has been selected to participate in an upcoming U.S. U-23 W ...

Junior Piotr Lomacki represents the Canes in the ITA singles rankings, released Tuesday, at No. 73. ...

The No. 15th–ranked University of Miami women's golf team concluded competition at the 2017 Bri ...