Sports briefs 9/16

Football

Head Coach Randy Shannon has ordered that the Twitter accounts of all players be deactivated by 2:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. When asked for his reasoning for this decision, he said it was to limit distractions within the team. For now, the players are still allowed access to their Facebook accounts.

Former UM running back Javarris James has been promoted from the New England Patriots practice roster onto their active roster. The move was made following the Lawrence Maroney trade, whom James will be replacing on the Patriots roster.

Golf

The Golf team completed their first tournament of the season, the Cougar Classic, this past Tuesday in Hanahan, S.C. Senior Maria Ronderos led the Hurricanes, shooting one over-par 73. The team placed 19th overall for the tournament, but showed improvement each day. The team is off until they travel to North Carolina on the 26th for the Starmount Forest Fall Classic.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Sports briefs 9/16”

1. bradehodge says:

lets play the players also

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...