Sports briefs 9/16

Football

Head Coach Randy Shannon has ordered that the Twitter accounts of all players be deactivated by 2:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. When asked for his reasoning for this decision, he said it was to limit distractions within the team. For now, the players are still allowed access to their Facebook accounts.

Former UM running back Javarris James has been promoted from the New England Patriots practice roster onto their active roster. The move was made following the Lawrence Maroney trade, whom James will be replacing on the Patriots roster.

Golf

The Golf team completed their first tournament of the season, the Cougar Classic, this past Tuesday in Hanahan, S.C. Senior Maria Ronderos led the Hurricanes, shooting one over-par 73. The team placed 19th overall for the tournament, but showed improvement each day. The team is off until they travel to North Carolina on the 26th for the Starmount Forest Fall Classic.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Sports briefs 9/16”

1. bradehodge says:

lets play the players also

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...