Sports briefs 9/16

Football

Head Coach Randy Shannon has ordered that the Twitter accounts of all players be deactivated by 2:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. When asked for his reasoning for this decision, he said it was to limit distractions within the team. For now, the players are still allowed access to their Facebook accounts.

Former UM running back Javarris James has been promoted from the New England Patriots practice roster onto their active roster. The move was made following the Lawrence Maroney trade, whom James will be replacing on the Patriots roster.

Golf

The Golf team completed their first tournament of the season, the Cougar Classic, this past Tuesday in Hanahan, S.C. Senior Maria Ronderos led the Hurricanes, shooting one over-par 73. The team placed 19th overall for the tournament, but showed improvement each day. The team is off until they travel to North Carolina on the 26th for the Starmount Forest Fall Classic.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...