Sports briefs 9/16

Football

Head Coach Randy Shannon has ordered that the Twitter accounts of all players be deactivated by 2:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. When asked for his reasoning for this decision, he said it was to limit distractions within the team. For now, the players are still allowed access to their Facebook accounts.

Former UM running back Javarris James has been promoted from the New England Patriots practice roster onto their active roster. The move was made following the Lawrence Maroney trade, whom James will be replacing on the Patriots roster.

Golf

The Golf team completed their first tournament of the season, the Cougar Classic, this past Tuesday in Hanahan, S.C. Senior Maria Ronderos led the Hurricanes, shooting one over-par 73. The team placed 19th overall for the tournament, but showed improvement each day. The team is off until they travel to North Carolina on the 26th for the Starmount Forest Fall Classic.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Sports briefs 9/16”

1. bradehodge says:

lets play the players also

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...