School of Business Administration dean to step down

It was announced on Thursday morning via e-Veritas that the University of Miami’s School of Business Administration dean, Barbara Kahn, will step down from the position on Jan. 15, 2011.

Kahn, who came to Miami in 2007, will return to the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania to be with her husband who is a professor there.

Since her arrival, she has developed initiatives that include a new center in health sector management and policy and a new Executive M.B.A. Program in Puerto Rico. The school brought in more than $18 million in new pledges and bequests.

“I have been honored to serve as dean of the School of Business Administration since 2007,” Kahn released in a statement. “The school has seen tremendous growth over the last few years and is currently in a very strong position. I am proud of what the faculty, students and staff have accomplished.”

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...