School of Business Administration dean to step down

It was announced on Thursday morning via e-Veritas that the University of Miami’s School of Business Administration dean, Barbara Kahn, will step down from the position on Jan. 15, 2011.

Kahn, who came to Miami in 2007, will return to the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania to be with her husband who is a professor there.

Since her arrival, she has developed initiatives that include a new center in health sector management and policy and a new Executive M.B.A. Program in Puerto Rico. The school brought in more than $18 million in new pledges and bequests.

“I have been honored to serve as dean of the School of Business Administration since 2007,” Kahn released in a statement. “The school has seen tremendous growth over the last few years and is currently in a very strong position. I am proud of what the faculty, students and staff have accomplished.”

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...