Gameday gear: Wearing the right colors

It’s that time again: break out the scissors, body glitters and paint, the first home game of the season is right around the corner and it’s all about the gear. Turn these top five trends into your go-to game day style.

1. Army Fatigues – Have one of this fall’s hottest trends be your FAMU game day garb. This statement style alludes to the hey-day of Hurricane sports when our players showed up to the ’87 Fiesta Bowl looking more like infantrymen than athletes. Whether shorts, leggings, or a camouflaged cap, army print will take your look to a whole ‘nother level.

2. Shredded and shorn – The most classic way to get ready for the game is to whip out the scissors and cut your way to a picture (pitcher) perfect ensemble. Whether sliced at the sides, shredded over your midriff, or cut into a makeshift tube dress, this is one of the easiest ways to turn your school tees into wearable works of art.

3. Orange, green and (don’t forget the) white – It’s not Labor Day yet, so break out the white shorts while your legs are still tan. This is also the only time when you can wear tube socks in public without looking like a cracked-out Girls Next Door wannabe.

4. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize – Beads, bands, and bangles galore – just make sure they’re in our colors. Body paint at your own discretion but if you can’t glitter like the glitter girls, you might as well not glitter at all.

5. Cool kicks – Last but not least, let’s talk about your feet. Bust out the high topped, candy-colored Nikes or sequin Keds you’ve been hiding in your closet all summer. Converse and distressed cowboy boots are also welcome. Life’s too short for brown flip-flops, anyway.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...