Sports Briefs 8/30

Women’s Basketball

The Lady Canes will be hosting a Fantasy Camp at the BankUnited Center on Oct. 20. The event will be free of charge and open to both men and women over 21 years old.  The team will introduce campers to basketball fundamentals, drills, and team building techniques before playing in a game with UM celebrity coaches.  Space is limited on a first come, first served basis and applications must be submitted by Oct. 8. For more information contact Erica Brown at 305-284-5802.

Rowing

The rowing team will be holding a Novice Informational Meeting on Tuesday night after the informational meeting on Thursday night had a good showing.  Anyone interested in attending should meet outside of the Hecht Athletic Center at 7 p.m.

Women’s tennis

The Women’s tennis team has announced the 2010 fall schedule, which features a home tournament in September.  The Miami Fall Invitational, which will take place at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center from Sept. 26-28, will be the first tournament Miami plays host to since 2008.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team dropped its final Atlantic Coast Conference contest o ...

Frydlova and Grimstad each record 3-over 75 Sunday; Weber leads UM in 12th place. ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...