Sports Briefs 8/30

Women’s Basketball

The Lady Canes will be hosting a Fantasy Camp at the BankUnited Center on Oct. 20. The event will be free of charge and open to both men and women over 21 years old.  The team will introduce campers to basketball fundamentals, drills, and team building techniques before playing in a game with UM celebrity coaches.  Space is limited on a first come, first served basis and applications must be submitted by Oct. 8. For more information contact Erica Brown at 305-284-5802.

Rowing

The rowing team will be holding a Novice Informational Meeting on Tuesday night after the informational meeting on Thursday night had a good showing.  Anyone interested in attending should meet outside of the Hecht Athletic Center at 7 p.m.

Women’s tennis

The Women’s tennis team has announced the 2010 fall schedule, which features a home tournament in September.  The Miami Fall Invitational, which will take place at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center from Sept. 26-28, will be the first tournament Miami plays host to since 2008.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...