Dear V

Dear V: I want you back…

I have a big problem. You see, my ex-girlfriend left me, but we had everything — interest, chemical attraction, love, lust for each other. Now we haven’t talked in a month and a half, and I have no idea where to find her or if she’ll answer or even look at my message if I send her one. But my problem is that I still miss being with her. My question is: How should I try to talk to her to get her attention and maybe somehow manage to get a spark out of her?

Thanks for your time,

I Want You Back

Dear I Want You Back,

You say everything between you two was great. I’ll admit, if there was interest, chemical attraction, and love, things sound pretty good, but clearly something was missing. If everything had been perfect, she probably wouldn’t have left you. Obviously something wasn’t working, so you’ll have to figure out what that was and how to make it better.

Many times a girl can be upset and never drop a hint (or drop ones that are too vague for a single soul to notice). Try to think back to the relationship: Did you make any promises you forgot to keep? Could you have done more? Were there any warning signs that she was losing interest? Since you probably don’t know the answer to these questions, why not ask? She’s the one who left you, so if anyone will be able to tell you what went wrong, chances are it’s her.

Try writing her an email or leaving a voicemail letting her know you’d like to talk. This way she has the option of deciding what to do with the message (if you’re polite, thoughtful, and to the point, she’ll most likely call you back). Try to set up a time to meet and be completely honest with her. Ask her what changed that made her not want to be with you anymore, take the criticism, and let her speak. The truth might hurt but it’s better than wondering and assuming.

At least if you know the problem, you can take steps to go about fixing it.  If you really still have strong feelings for her, show her! Knowing how much you miss her might make her realize how much she misses you. Be the bigger person and she’ll probably come around in no time.

Godspeed!

V.

Advice Columnist

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...