Music Minute: Back to school playlist

Summer’s winding down, but at least there’s one source of solace to rid you of those back-to-school blues: Remember- we’re in Miami, bitch. So amidst the pens and papers, let these songs remind you of the beach, beer and beats to come again once another weekend flies by.

1. “Cooler Than Me” by Mike Posner:

It could be the throaty whisper of Posner’s voice or the cool, methodical hammering of the bass, but whatever it is,  “Cooler Than Me” will take you out of your lazy summer haze and be your weekend playlist mainstay.

2. “Billionaire” by Travis McCoy feat. Bruno Mars:

You’ll like this because you’re going to school to live the dream and learn to make a living, and like any starry-eyed college student, you’re thinking billions.

3. “One (Your Name)” by Swedish House Mafia feat. Pharrell:

Slow enough to sip to and hyped enough to dance to – this song will be a semester favorite.

4. “DJ Got Us  Falling In Love” by Usher feat. Pitbull:

Before you fall into the routine of books, midterms and finals papers, Usher will have you fallin’ back to the beat of any DJ spinning this song. Pitbull’s cameo is what makes the song one to fall in love with.

5. “Animal” by Miike Snow (Punks Jump Up Remix):

Just because you’re back in class doesn’t mean you can’t still be an animal. The Punks Jump Up remix to this instant indie classic takes the song to a new level of hipster cool.

Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Music Minute: Back to school playlist”