Letter from the Mayor

Dear Students:

I would like to welcome each of you to your first year at the University of Miami. This is an exciting and challenging moment in your life and a great time to be a “Hurricane!”

UM is a valued institution within our community and has been a part of Coral Gables civic life since the 1920s. While you are a student, you are also a citizen of this city and we care about your welfare. I encourage you to take full advantage of all the wonderful opportunities this collegiate institution has to offer you and the cultural opportunities within our downtown. I also welcome you to discover the surrounding neighborhoods and attractions this city has to offer such as Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens, Miracle Mile, Actors’ Playhouse, Matheson Hammock Park and Venetian Pool.

Once again “welcome” and “Go Canes!”

Don Slesnick

Mayor of Coral Gables

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...