Letter from the Mayor

Dear Students:

I would like to welcome each of you to your first year at the University of Miami. This is an exciting and challenging moment in your life and a great time to be a “Hurricane!”

UM is a valued institution within our community and has been a part of Coral Gables civic life since the 1920s. While you are a student, you are also a citizen of this city and we care about your welfare. I encourage you to take full advantage of all the wonderful opportunities this collegiate institution has to offer you and the cultural opportunities within our downtown. I also welcome you to discover the surrounding neighborhoods and attractions this city has to offer such as Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens, Miracle Mile, Actors’ Playhouse, Matheson Hammock Park and Venetian Pool.

Once again “welcome” and “Go Canes!”

Don Slesnick

Mayor of Coral Gables

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...