High-performance headphones hit market

Miami is a house music capital and our campus is no exception.

The new V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones are one of the newest high-end headphones on the market. They come in a variety of colors and are sure to make a fashion statement while you walk to class.

The price is very steep; these headphones retail around $250, but the hefty price tag does come with cool features. The headphones can record sound from your surroundings directly to your iPod, great for sleeping through a lecture or for those hard-to-understand science professors.

Another cool feature is the ability to turn up the volume and pause without touching your iPod, making these headphones perfect for eavesdropping on library conversations. The only problem is that the volume buttons don’t work on the computer, just on a portable device.

The sound quality is amazing; you feel like you are surrounded by sound. The small intricate details of the music also become clearer, and you start hearing little things in your favorite song that you didn’t know existed.

The music also doesn’t bleed through the phones, so no one can tell if you’re listening to DeadMau5 or the Jonas Brothers.

These headphones are great for a serious music listener. An aspiring DJ or music major will greatly benefit from these high-quality headphones. However, if you just want them to make a fashion statement, pick a cheaper pair. They’re stylish but if you aren’t a serious musician, the $250 price tag may not be worth it. Check out Urban Outfitters; almost all of their headphones retail for around $60, so you can get the style at around a quarter of the price.

Nancy Oben may be contacted at noben@themiamihurricane.com.

Rating: 3.25/4 stars

Price: $249.99
Weight: 0.6 lbs
Manufacturer: V-Moda
For more information, check out www.v-moda.com.

Nancy Oben

Contributing Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “High-performance headphones hit market”

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...