Dalai Lama to visit UM

His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, Tenzen Gyatso, will return to the University of Miami this October. The Tibetan religious leader who has lived in exile from his homeland more than 50 years will speak on, “The Quest for Happiness in Challenging Times,” at the BankUnited Center at 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 26.

In 2004 the Dalia Lama visited UM to speak on world peace.

“We are honored once again to host His Holiness the Dalai Lama on our campus,” said University of Miami President Donna E. Shalala. “His Holiness teaches us all an important lesson in hope, compassion, and humility.”

Details on ticket sales will be announced soon.

Laura Edwins may be contacted at ledwins@themiamihurricane.com.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...