Dalai Lama to visit UM

His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, Tenzen Gyatso, will return to the University of Miami this October. The Tibetan religious leader who has lived in exile from his homeland more than 50 years will speak on, “The Quest for Happiness in Challenging Times,” at the BankUnited Center at 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 26.

In 2004 the Dalia Lama visited UM to speak on world peace.

“We are honored once again to host His Holiness the Dalai Lama on our campus,” said University of Miami President Donna E. Shalala. “His Holiness teaches us all an important lesson in hope, compassion, and humility.”

Details on ticket sales will be announced soon.

Laura Edwins may be contacted at ledwins@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

Laura Edwins Managing Editor

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...

Here's a daily look at what is taking place at Greentree ...

Miami tied for the most hits No. 8 North Carolina has allowed all season, but fell to the host Tar H ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...