Dalai Lama to visit UM

His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, Tenzen Gyatso, will return to the University of Miami this October. The Tibetan religious leader who has lived in exile from his homeland more than 50 years will speak on, “The Quest for Happiness in Challenging Times,” at the BankUnited Center at 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 26.

In 2004 the Dalia Lama visited UM to speak on world peace.

“We are honored once again to host His Holiness the Dalai Lama on our campus,” said University of Miami President Donna E. Shalala. “His Holiness teaches us all an important lesson in hope, compassion, and humility.”

Details on ticket sales will be announced soon.

Laura Edwins may be contacted at ledwins@themiamihurricane.com.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Defending national champ Clemson led all Atlantic Coast Conference schools Wednesday with five playe ...

This was a neat idea that Peter King’s Monday Morning Quarterback website rolled out just as NFL tra ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...

The University of Miami announced the appointment of Cindy Munro as the new dean of the School of Nu ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

University of Miami’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement harnesses technology to seek affordab ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...