Sports briefs 8/23

Football
Category 5 will be offering a travel package for the Miami versus Ohio State game Sept. 11. Tickets will be sold Aug. 30 at 7 a.m. at the University Center for $300, which includes a game ticket, airfare, hotel accommodations and transportation. Payment must be made by either cash, check or money order, with exact change only. Contact Brandon Mitchell at b.mitchell@umiami.edu or Doug Aguililla at d.aguililla@umiami.edu.

Women’s Volleyball
Senior Lici McGee and junior Lane Carico have been named to the pre-season All-ACC Team. The team hosted their sixth annual Alumni Match on Saturday with the 2010 squad coming away with a 3-1 victory. Their season begins Friday in Oklahoma where they will play in the Nike Invitational.

Men’s Basketball
Forward Adrian Thomas has been granted an extension waiver by the NCAA allowing him to play for the Hurricanes for a sixth season. The team will travel to Memphis Nov. 16 to open ESPN’s third annual College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon at midnight.
Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com. Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Information compiled at hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports briefs 8/23”

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...