Football

Prized recruit Seantrel Henderson Miami bound

Courtesy of Cretin-Derham Hall

Less than 24 hours after LeBron James rocked the waves on South Beach by announcing his intentions to sign with the Miami Heat, South Florida got another big commitment, this time of the college variety.

Highly regarded offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson chose to attend the University of Miami after being released from his scholarship by the University of Southern California three days ago.

Henderson is 6-foot-8 and 340 pounds and immediately becomes the prized gem in fourth year head coach Randy Shannon’s recruiting class. The St. Paul, Minnesota native originally announced on national signing day his plans to play for head coach Lane Kiffin at USC.

Henderson has drawn comparisons to former Hurricane standout Bryant McKinnie. Henderson was rated the No. 2 best player regardless of position according to rivals.com for the class of 2010.

He was released of his scholarship after USC was placed on probation. Henderson will be eligible to play in the fall and should have an immediate impact.

The news was first reported by the New York Times. Henderson’s Facebook profile picture is a logo of “The U.” His Facebook status as of 3:30 p.m. on Friday was “IT’S ALL ABOUT THE ‘U’!”

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Prized recruit Seantrel Henderson Miami bound”

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...