for the next three days

for the next three days
adrenaline will race
pulsating throbbing and laced
with neurotypical toxins mutating into

anxiety over Thursday

for the last 51 hours and 13 minutes
and the next 72

laced
with PCP and LSD and imagery of
you
of hope and regret and in the pit of my stomach

disappointment

lucid but removed
into a snowglobe of me and you
a category 5 hurricane racing through

tumbling in the palms of a child
i hope it doesnt break

for the next three days
i contemplate

reminiscent of the January 28th
when we fell apart

tumbling in the palms of child
like overworked dough
and poems that try to rhyme

we folded
flat

words that feel like metal in the roof of your mouth
and dough that wouldn’t rise to the occasion

will you rise to the occasion?

for the next three days, i wait.

May 24, 2010

Chelsea Matiash

Editor in Chief 09'-10'

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...