Sports Briefs April 25

Track & Field

Cory Nelms, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Travis Benjamin and Lamar Miller placed fifth on Saturday at the Penn Relays.  The next meet for the team is scheduled for May 14-15 at the Georgia Tech Invitational.

Women’s Tennis

The 11th-ranked Hurricanes were upset in the quarterfinals at the ACC Championships Friday in Cary, N.C. Despite losing the premier singles match-up, the Canes’ Bianca Eichkorn and doubles teams fought back to a 3-1 lead but sputtered in the third, fourth and fifth singles matches, conceding the victory to the Yellow Jackets.

Rowing

The UM Rowing Team finished sixth in the ACC Rowing Championships held in Clemson, N.C. Saturday. Junior Sarah Medland was named to the All-ACC Rowing Team.

Men’s Tennis

The eighth-seeded team lost to top seed Virginia 4-0 in the quarterfinals of the ACC tournament in Cary, N.C. Friday. The team now must wait until May 4 to learn its postseason fate.

Women’s Volleyball

The women’s volleyball team announced two additions to its 2010 roster Friday. Julia Giampaolo was an Under Armour Honorable Mention All-American playing while Mariel Schofield led her team to a State Semifinal as an outside hitter and defensive specialist.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...