Sports Briefs April 25

Track & Field

Cory Nelms, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Travis Benjamin and Lamar Miller placed fifth on Saturday at the Penn Relays.  The next meet for the team is scheduled for May 14-15 at the Georgia Tech Invitational.

Women’s Tennis

The 11th-ranked Hurricanes were upset in the quarterfinals at the ACC Championships Friday in Cary, N.C. Despite losing the premier singles match-up, the Canes’ Bianca Eichkorn and doubles teams fought back to a 3-1 lead but sputtered in the third, fourth and fifth singles matches, conceding the victory to the Yellow Jackets.

Rowing

The UM Rowing Team finished sixth in the ACC Rowing Championships held in Clemson, N.C. Saturday. Junior Sarah Medland was named to the All-ACC Rowing Team.

Men’s Tennis

The eighth-seeded team lost to top seed Virginia 4-0 in the quarterfinals of the ACC tournament in Cary, N.C. Friday. The team now must wait until May 4 to learn its postseason fate.

Women’s Volleyball

The women’s volleyball team announced two additions to its 2010 roster Friday. Julia Giampaolo was an Under Armour Honorable Mention All-American playing while Mariel Schofield led her team to a State Semifinal as an outside hitter and defensive specialist.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...