Football

Hurricanes go professional

Tight End Jimmy Graham (New Orleans Saints)

-Graham was selected in the third round by the reigning Super Bowl champions. He will learn under former Hurricane star Jeremy Shockey.

Linebacker Darryl Sharpton (Houston Texans)

-Sharpton was selected in the fourth round. He has improved every year and will be in a tough division trying to cover Peyton Manning and Vince Young.

Offensive Lineman Jason Fox (Detroit Lions)

-Despite ending his senior year with a disappointing leg injury, Fox was still selected in the fourth round. He will have to keep Matthew Stafford upright.

Tight End Dedrick Epps (San Diego Chargers)

-Epps recovered from a torn ACL and had a solid senior campaign which allowed him to be drafted in the seventh round. He will learn from an All-Pro in Antonio Gates.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com

Justin Antweil

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...