Football

Hurricanes go professional

Tight End Jimmy Graham (New Orleans Saints)

-Graham was selected in the third round by the reigning Super Bowl champions. He will learn under former Hurricane star Jeremy Shockey.

Linebacker Darryl Sharpton (Houston Texans)

-Sharpton was selected in the fourth round. He has improved every year and will be in a tough division trying to cover Peyton Manning and Vince Young.

Offensive Lineman Jason Fox (Detroit Lions)

-Despite ending his senior year with a disappointing leg injury, Fox was still selected in the fourth round. He will have to keep Matthew Stafford upright.

Tight End Dedrick Epps (San Diego Chargers)

-Epps recovered from a torn ACL and had a solid senior campaign which allowed him to be drafted in the seventh round. He will learn from an All-Pro in Antonio Gates.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com

Justin Antweil

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...