“Blue Sky Noise” a must listen album

Circa Survive’s new album “Blue Sky Noise” is proof that there is intelligent life in the rock scene once again.
“Blue Sky Noise” is the band’s third full-length release and major record label debut with Atlantic. While there is generally the expectation that a move to a major label means a more commercialized sound, “Blue Sky Noise” is a unique, innovative and creative album.
The album’s first track, “Strange Terrain,” hooks you with an atmospheric opening and comes in strong with drums and sharp guitar licks. Creative harmonies and melodic shifts make this one of the highlights of the album.
“Get Out” is an aggressive, high-energy rock song. “I Felt Free” is a standout track featuring beautifully arranged soundscapes. “Frozen Creek” is a melancholy song with metaphorical lyrics that can be interpreted a number of ways. The final track, “Dyed in the Wool” features sublime vocal arrangements and clean, simple guitar riffs.
“Blue Sky Noise” is an album with depth that will keep you appreciating something new with each listen. Lead singer Anthony Green has an unusual voice but it blends well with the band’s sound. The album is strong from start to finish, with beautifully written and arranged songs.  This album is a must for fans of alternative and rock music.

“Blue Sky Noise” by Circa Survive

Rating: 4/4 stars

Released: April 20, 2010

Label: Atlantic

Produced by: David Bottrill

Danielle Peloquin may be contacted at dpeloquin@themiamihurricane.com

Danielle Peloquin

Contributing EDGE Writer