OneBurger satisfies hunger for variety

Lori Spiridoul Koutrokois // The Miami Hurricane

When I first stepped into OneBurger, I wasn’t impressed. The sparse walls and overuse of Styrofoam left me skeptical that they could make a good burger. Thankfully, once I got over the interior and ordered, I was pleasantly surprised.

Located just off Miracle Mile, OneBurger is a gem of a restaurant that serves gourmet burgers and fries at reasonable prices.

The burgers are smaller than those at Five Guys and more expensive, but the variety of choices (over 30 options) makes up for what they lack in size. A variety of fries and onion rings are available to accompany your burger, like yucca or sweet potato fries.

Some burger options include the caprese burger with tomato, mozzarella cheese and an aged balsamic spread and the goat cheese burger with sun-dried tomato butter, goat cheese and fire-roasted red peppers that will leave you wanting more.

The onion rings were crispy but there could have been more in the portion. Also, they weren’t served with a sauce, but just ask and OneBurger employees will give you an alternative to ketchup.

If you are not in the mood for a hamburger, there are other options. Turkey burgers and tuna burgers grace the menu, as well as large entrée salads and chicken tenders. There is also a variety of sandwiches.

The dining area has seating both outside and inside, but it is tiny. A party of five will have a hard time squeezing in the small indoor dining area, and the outside area only has tables for two. Carry out is available if you don’t want to sit in the dining areas.

Sometimes when students are looking for a place to eat, Miracle Mile is forgotten. Next time you are looking for a quick lunch or dinner, don’t forget about OneBurger; their fare will not disappoint.

Nancy Oben may be contacted at noben@themiamihurricane.com.

IF YOU GO
WHAT: OneBurger
WHERE: 367 Alhambra Circle, Coral Gables ( near Miracle Mile)
WHEN: Monday-Saturday 11:30 a.m.- 10 p.m. Closed Sundays.
COST: Average entrée $6-9

Nancy Oben

Contributing Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “OneBurger satisfies hunger for variety”

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...