OneBurger satisfies hunger for variety

Lori Spiridoul Koutrokois // The Miami Hurricane

When I first stepped into OneBurger, I wasn’t impressed. The sparse walls and overuse of Styrofoam left me skeptical that they could make a good burger. Thankfully, once I got over the interior and ordered, I was pleasantly surprised.

Located just off Miracle Mile, OneBurger is a gem of a restaurant that serves gourmet burgers and fries at reasonable prices.

The burgers are smaller than those at Five Guys and more expensive, but the variety of choices (over 30 options) makes up for what they lack in size. A variety of fries and onion rings are available to accompany your burger, like yucca or sweet potato fries.

Some burger options include the caprese burger with tomato, mozzarella cheese and an aged balsamic spread and the goat cheese burger with sun-dried tomato butter, goat cheese and fire-roasted red peppers that will leave you wanting more.

The onion rings were crispy but there could have been more in the portion. Also, they weren’t served with a sauce, but just ask and OneBurger employees will give you an alternative to ketchup.

If you are not in the mood for a hamburger, there are other options. Turkey burgers and tuna burgers grace the menu, as well as large entrée salads and chicken tenders. There is also a variety of sandwiches.

The dining area has seating both outside and inside, but it is tiny. A party of five will have a hard time squeezing in the small indoor dining area, and the outside area only has tables for two. Carry out is available if you don’t want to sit in the dining areas.

Sometimes when students are looking for a place to eat, Miracle Mile is forgotten. Next time you are looking for a quick lunch or dinner, don’t forget about OneBurger; their fare will not disappoint.

Nancy Oben may be contacted at noben@themiamihurricane.com.

IF YOU GO
WHAT: OneBurger
WHERE: 367 Alhambra Circle, Coral Gables ( near Miracle Mile)
WHEN: Monday-Saturday 11:30 a.m.- 10 p.m. Closed Sundays.
COST: Average entrée $6-9

Nancy Oben

Contributing Writer

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...