News Briefs 4-19

Greeks die for a cause

Tomorrow, Greeks Advocating the Mature Management of Alcohol (GAMMA) will be hosting a die-in at the Rock from 12:05 to 12:20 p.m. About 100 Greek students are expected to participate.

The event, which is intended to raise awareness about drunk driving, will also future black T-shirts that will say “I died today”.

GAMMA typically hosts events like this to inform participants about high-risk behavior.  They are the Greek counterpart to UParty, which handles similar issues with the entire student body

Re-register your student organization

The Committee on Student Organizations (COSO) asks that organizations must re-register for the 2010-2011 academic year. The deadline to complete the registration is this Friday at 5 p.m.

To view a copy of the registration form, visit www.miami.edu/myumgroups.

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...