News Briefs 4-19

Greeks die for a cause

Tomorrow, Greeks Advocating the Mature Management of Alcohol (GAMMA) will be hosting a die-in at the Rock from 12:05 to 12:20 p.m. About 100 Greek students are expected to participate.

The event, which is intended to raise awareness about drunk driving, will also future black T-shirts that will say “I died today”.

GAMMA typically hosts events like this to inform participants about high-risk behavior.  They are the Greek counterpart to UParty, which handles similar issues with the entire student body

Re-register your student organization

The Committee on Student Organizations (COSO) asks that organizations must re-register for the 2010-2011 academic year. The deadline to complete the registration is this Friday at 5 p.m.

To view a copy of the registration form, visit www.miami.edu/myumgroups.

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...