News Briefs 4-19

Greeks die for a cause

Tomorrow, Greeks Advocating the Mature Management of Alcohol (GAMMA) will be hosting a die-in at the Rock from 12:05 to 12:20 p.m. About 100 Greek students are expected to participate.

The event, which is intended to raise awareness about drunk driving, will also future black T-shirts that will say “I died today”.

GAMMA typically hosts events like this to inform participants about high-risk behavior.  They are the Greek counterpart to UParty, which handles similar issues with the entire student body

Re-register your student organization

The Committee on Student Organizations (COSO) asks that organizations must re-register for the 2010-2011 academic year. The deadline to complete the registration is this Friday at 5 p.m.

To view a copy of the registration form, visit www.miami.edu/myumgroups.

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...