Sports Briefs

Track & Field:

The ACC Outdoor Track and Field Championships were held at Clemson over this past weekend and the Hurricanes brought home three championships. Hurdler Cory Nelms won his second career ACC title and his first in the 110m hurdles after posting a 13.82 second performance. Sprinter Tameka Jameson’s 53.34 second time won her first ACC title in the 400m dash, she was also the first leg of the Hurricanes 4×400 relay winning team along with Ti’erra Brown, Charlene Fuller and Takecia Jameson who won an ACC Championship as well.

Women’s Tennis:

The University of North Carolina snapped the Hurricanes 13 match win streak on Saturday, barely edging out a 4-3 win at home. The Hurricanes are still ranked 11th in the nation and will travel to Durham to face Duke on Sunday.

Men’s Tennis:

The 47th-ranked Hurricanes defeated the 14th ranked Blue Devils at home this weekend, handing them just their second ACC loss of the season. The Hurricanes will play their final ACC match of the season at home against UNC on Sunday.

Men’s Basketball:

Coach Frank Haith announced the signing of Harvard-Westlake’s (CA) forward Erik Swoope on Friday. Swoope was Los Angeles’ Mission League MVP and was named to the Los Angeles Times’ All-Star team in his senior season. He stands a modest 6 foot 5 and averaged 8.9 rebounds to compliment his 21.8 points per game on 74 percent from the field.  He joins Rion Brown and Raphael Akpejiori in the 2010 commitment class.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...