Sports Briefs

Track & Field:

The ACC Outdoor Track and Field Championships were held at Clemson over this past weekend and the Hurricanes brought home three championships. Hurdler Cory Nelms won his second career ACC title and his first in the 110m hurdles after posting a 13.82 second performance. Sprinter Tameka Jameson’s 53.34 second time won her first ACC title in the 400m dash, she was also the first leg of the Hurricanes 4×400 relay winning team along with Ti’erra Brown, Charlene Fuller and Takecia Jameson who won an ACC Championship as well.

Women’s Tennis:

The University of North Carolina snapped the Hurricanes 13 match win streak on Saturday, barely edging out a 4-3 win at home. The Hurricanes are still ranked 11th in the nation and will travel to Durham to face Duke on Sunday.

Men’s Tennis:

The 47th-ranked Hurricanes defeated the 14th ranked Blue Devils at home this weekend, handing them just their second ACC loss of the season. The Hurricanes will play their final ACC match of the season at home against UNC on Sunday.

Men’s Basketball:

Coach Frank Haith announced the signing of Harvard-Westlake’s (CA) forward Erik Swoope on Friday. Swoope was Los Angeles’ Mission League MVP and was named to the Los Angeles Times’ All-Star team in his senior season. He stands a modest 6 foot 5 and averaged 8.9 rebounds to compliment his 21.8 points per game on 74 percent from the field.  He joins Rion Brown and Raphael Akpejiori in the 2010 commitment class.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...