Club/Intramural Sports

Outstanding athletes awarded

Last Thursday in the classrooms of the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center, the University of Miami held their 14th annual Club Sports Awards Banquet. All of the different club sports teams were represented by their presidents. Students mingled and ate dinner, then awards were presented to well-deserving club sports teams who have shown hard work, commitment and dedication this past year. Below is a list of the winners in each of the various categories.

Outstanding Club President………………………Emily Louwsma (Women’s Ulitmate Frisbee)

Outstanding Coach/Instructor………………………Michael North (Baseball)

Outstanding Club Member…………………………………..Jonathan Robbins (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu)

Most Improved Club………………………………….Roller Hockey

Outstanding Contributions to the Club Sports Program………………..The Miami Hurricane Staff

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...