Club/Intramural Sports

Outstanding athletes awarded

Last Thursday in the classrooms of the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center, the University of Miami held their 14th annual Club Sports Awards Banquet. All of the different club sports teams were represented by their presidents. Students mingled and ate dinner, then awards were presented to well-deserving club sports teams who have shown hard work, commitment and dedication this past year. Below is a list of the winners in each of the various categories.

Outstanding Club President………………………Emily Louwsma (Women’s Ulitmate Frisbee)

Outstanding Coach/Instructor………………………Michael North (Baseball)

Outstanding Club Member…………………………………..Jonathan Robbins (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu)

Most Improved Club………………………………….Roller Hockey

Outstanding Contributions to the Club Sports Program………………..The Miami Hurricane Staff

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...