Celebrate at the end of semester carnival

For the duration of Friday night, the UC Green will not serve as a quiet tranquil study spot. Instead, the sounds of laughter and music will be heard as Canes Night Live (CNL) hosts a free carnival in front of the Otto G. Richter Library.

“I’m really excited to watch everyone come out to celebrate being a Cane,” said senior Michelle Peña, the chair of CNL, whose executive board has been planning the event over the past year. “Canes Carnival is my favorite event of the year to close a successful academic year with [the]UM community.”

The event, aimed at providing an on-campus festival open to all students, faculty and administrators, will host a number of carnival-style attractions, such as a coconut tree climb, an Orbitron, a bungee run and a balloon water race.

Additionally, numerous student organizations will be hosting booths with individual activities. Hurricane Productions’ Concerts Committee will be sponsoring live music that will be playing popular songs from the 80s, 90s and today. They will be taking song requests the night of the carnival.

Free hotdogs, hamburgers, churros, funnel cakes and lemonade icees will be available.

“We’ve kept a lot of the attractions that have been successful in the past. We have added a lot more to the event to cater to more students and include everyone’s interests,” Peña said.

Senior Amanda Modestill, treasurer of CNL, expects for a record number of attendees at the event.

“Last year we had over 1,000 people and this year we hope top that,” she said. “This year looks to be one of the best carnivals ever.”

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Celebrate at the end of semester carnival”

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

Bruce Brown Jr. scored 19 points leading Miami to victory over NC State in Raleigh. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, No. 19 Miami finished the day with an ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...