Celebrate at the end of semester carnival

For the duration of Friday night, the UC Green will not serve as a quiet tranquil study spot. Instead, the sounds of laughter and music will be heard as Canes Night Live (CNL) hosts a free carnival in front of the Otto G. Richter Library.

“I’m really excited to watch everyone come out to celebrate being a Cane,” said senior Michelle Peña, the chair of CNL, whose executive board has been planning the event over the past year. “Canes Carnival is my favorite event of the year to close a successful academic year with [the]UM community.”

The event, aimed at providing an on-campus festival open to all students, faculty and administrators, will host a number of carnival-style attractions, such as a coconut tree climb, an Orbitron, a bungee run and a balloon water race.

Additionally, numerous student organizations will be hosting booths with individual activities. Hurricane Productions’ Concerts Committee will be sponsoring live music that will be playing popular songs from the 80s, 90s and today. They will be taking song requests the night of the carnival.

Free hotdogs, hamburgers, churros, funnel cakes and lemonade icees will be available.

“We’ve kept a lot of the attractions that have been successful in the past. We have added a lot more to the event to cater to more students and include everyone’s interests,” Peña said.

Senior Amanda Modestill, treasurer of CNL, expects for a record number of attendees at the event.

“Last year we had over 1,000 people and this year we hope top that,” she said. “This year looks to be one of the best carnivals ever.”

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...