Sports Briefs

Track & Field:

The Atlantic Coast Conference named three Miami Hurricanes to it’s All-ACC Academic Indoor Track and Field team.  Senior sprinter Kristy Whyte, junior jumper Megan Novinger and junior thrower Miranda Wilson were the student athletes named to the squad on Wednesday.  Clemson led all schools, having seven of their student-athletes honored with this distinction.

Men’s Basketball:

On Thursday night the Hurricanes will host their annual Postseason Banquet where they will honor seniors Dwayne Collins, Cyrus McGowan and James Dews.  This ticketed event will take place on the BankUnited Center court, doors open at 6 p.m. A team source reports that Miami’s All-ACC Academic freshman guard Antione Allen has been putting in extra hours working on his shot in preparation for his transfer out of Frank Haith’s program over the summer.

Diving:

Senior diver and civil engineering major Reuben Ross captured his third All-ACC Academic Team award in as many years this week. He is also a seven-time All-American and is the first Hurricane diver in over five years to have been named an All-American in each of his four years.

Men’s Tennis:

Led by the red-hot Waylon Chin, the 50th-ranked Hurricanes topped the Boston College Eagles 6-1 to capture their second straight road win and third straight win overall.  They will host their final two regular season ACC matches against top ranked teams Duke and North Carolina this weekend.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports Briefs”

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...