Sports Briefs

Track & Field:

The Atlantic Coast Conference named three Miami Hurricanes to it’s All-ACC Academic Indoor Track and Field team.  Senior sprinter Kristy Whyte, junior jumper Megan Novinger and junior thrower Miranda Wilson were the student athletes named to the squad on Wednesday.  Clemson led all schools, having seven of their student-athletes honored with this distinction.

Men’s Basketball:

On Thursday night the Hurricanes will host their annual Postseason Banquet where they will honor seniors Dwayne Collins, Cyrus McGowan and James Dews.  This ticketed event will take place on the BankUnited Center court, doors open at 6 p.m. A team source reports that Miami’s All-ACC Academic freshman guard Antione Allen has been putting in extra hours working on his shot in preparation for his transfer out of Frank Haith’s program over the summer.

Diving:

Senior diver and civil engineering major Reuben Ross captured his third All-ACC Academic Team award in as many years this week. He is also a seven-time All-American and is the first Hurricane diver in over five years to have been named an All-American in each of his four years.

Men’s Tennis:

Led by the red-hot Waylon Chin, the 50th-ranked Hurricanes topped the Boston College Eagles 6-1 to capture their second straight road win and third straight win overall.  They will host their final two regular season ACC matches against top ranked teams Duke and North Carolina this weekend.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...