Dear V

Dear V: To groom or not to groom…

I have been seeing a guy for a couple months, and I am a complete, I mean complete virgin- nothing past kissing. We’ve been talking about taking it further, but one question I’ve got in my mind is how well groomed I am supposed to be downstairs. Hairless? What do boys expect?

Sincerely,

To Groom or Not to Groom

Dear  Groomer,

This is really a personal matter and varies among all females.  While some girls like the aux natural deal, others flock to the waxing salons as though having one stray hair will kill them.  Just as females vary in their grooming, guys expectations are exactly the same.  Some guys don’t care, some guys like you to look like a prepubescent 12-year-old, and some actually like the bush.  With all these factors and opinions swirling around, the decision really comes down to personal preference.

Seeing as you’re still a virgin and less experienced in the sexual realm, you want to make sure you don’t rush into anything too quickly. If you and your partner decide to take things to the next step, you’ll want to be very comfortable in this new situation.  One the one hand, knowing that you’re smooth and clean may bring a feeling of confidence and sexiness for your first time in the bedroom.  On the other hand, running out to get a Brazilian might be a bit of a shock to you if no one but you has ever seen your downstairs.  Might want to wait a little while to take that leap, ‘cause let me tell you, OUCH!

I suggest you groom but don’t go completely overboard.  Shave your bikini line and trim the hair down very fine so it’s barely noticeable.

If this guy knows it’s your first time, I doubt he’ll be too judgemental, but knowing that you did a little personal care down might will make you feel more at ease.  Once you get in the swing of things, and figure out what your guy likes, you may change your mind about how to handle that hair.  Ultimately, though, it is your choice.  Don’t let someone rip strips of wax off your lady parts just because a boy likes things smooth.  If he can’t learn to like you the way you are, it’s not worth the pain.

Take it easy,

V.

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

V Advice Columnist

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Dear V: To groom or not to groom…”

1. stillfake says:

still fake

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...