Dear V

Dear V: To groom or not to groom…

I have been seeing a guy for a couple months, and I am a complete, I mean complete virgin- nothing past kissing. We’ve been talking about taking it further, but one question I’ve got in my mind is how well groomed I am supposed to be downstairs. Hairless? What do boys expect?

Sincerely,

To Groom or Not to Groom

Dear  Groomer,

This is really a personal matter and varies among all females.  While some girls like the aux natural deal, others flock to the waxing salons as though having one stray hair will kill them.  Just as females vary in their grooming, guys expectations are exactly the same.  Some guys don’t care, some guys like you to look like a prepubescent 12-year-old, and some actually like the bush.  With all these factors and opinions swirling around, the decision really comes down to personal preference.

Seeing as you’re still a virgin and less experienced in the sexual realm, you want to make sure you don’t rush into anything too quickly. If you and your partner decide to take things to the next step, you’ll want to be very comfortable in this new situation.  One the one hand, knowing that you’re smooth and clean may bring a feeling of confidence and sexiness for your first time in the bedroom.  On the other hand, running out to get a Brazilian might be a bit of a shock to you if no one but you has ever seen your downstairs.  Might want to wait a little while to take that leap, ‘cause let me tell you, OUCH!

I suggest you groom but don’t go completely overboard.  Shave your bikini line and trim the hair down very fine so it’s barely noticeable.

If this guy knows it’s your first time, I doubt he’ll be too judgemental, but knowing that you did a little personal care down might will make you feel more at ease.  Once you get in the swing of things, and figure out what your guy likes, you may change your mind about how to handle that hair.  Ultimately, though, it is your choice.  Don’t let someone rip strips of wax off your lady parts just because a boy likes things smooth.  If he can’t learn to like you the way you are, it’s not worth the pain.

Take it easy,

V.

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

Advice Columnist

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Dear V: To groom or not to groom…”

1. stillfake says:

still fake

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

That nation-leading, 44-year NCAA tournament streak is not over yet. One swing of the bat on Saturda ...

View photos from the Virginia Tech at Miami Saturday, May 20, 20017, in Coral Galbes, Fla. … Click t ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Miami junior Jeb Bargfeldt was among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference with All-ACC ...

Check out photos from the Hurricanes during Day 2 competition at the NCAA Championship. ...

The University of Miami women's track and field team enters the NCAA East Preliminary ranked No ...

After sweeping its final regular season series with Virginia Tech, No. 6 seeded Miami will open its ...

The No. 13-ranked University of Miami women's golf team had a 13-stroke improvement on Day 2 at ...